Menu

a - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Cappuccino Posts: 124
Definitely better to get cehcked for rubella if you're ttc. And toxoplasma if you have cats - that's not one of the standard pre-conception tests so you have to ask for them to include it. Maybe your DH is just getting cold feet at the thought of all the responsibility that parenthood entails. I'd advise that you let it go for now and both enjoy Christmas. Then bring it up again early in the new year. That gives him time to think abour it a bit more, and you'll be able to get vaccinated for rubella if you need to. (There's no guarantee at all that the vaccine you got as a kid will still be working. You may need to get it topped up.) I'm sure it will all work out just fine in the end. Your DH might just want more time with just the two of you alone!
Yummum2012 Posts: 122
Thanks Ladies that really helped me. Am going to try and put it out of my mind for next while and see what happens after Christmas. :thnk
Dora the explorer Posts: 1570
I dont think men are ever as ready as we are to be honest, my DH says he finds himself awake at night wondering if he will be a good enough father, maybe he needs some reaassurance?
whackywoman Posts: 1496
my husband still doesn't know if he is ready and DD is 5 months old >:o) >:o) I think women are usually ready before men due to our biological clock. Just keep talking to him about things and also pointing out all of the cute and adorable things that babies do, don't mention stinky nappies, sleepless nights etc. Smiles, that adoration and wonder you see on their face is enough to melt most hearts.
xwishingx Posts: 600
Thanks, going to get the rubella checked