Menu

Am I the biggest b.i.t.c.h ever????? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shala Posts: 1733
Have u tried just ignoring him when he kicks off and praising the other kids for being good? Easier said than done I know! [size=59:8lvlir4t]Edited for spelling[/size:8lvlir4t]
x_x Posts: 1823
Wonder would you get a better response in Mums and Kids for this?!? It seems like a very tough sitution for OP. I know he is only 3 but have you tried talking to him? Would the other Mammy be filling his head with stuff or something?
Chococat Posts: 1632
eok56, You should get the Supernanny book, my friend has it & she swears by it. They sell it in Mothercare.
Mrs plaza Posts: 3031
I just don't get the contraception reply Faith?? What has that to do with the discipline or rearing of a child? Maybe sit down with h2b and agree a joint discipline programme for want of a better word. He's only3 god love him , he is prob trying his luck n you .
*Muffin* Posts: 7243
Why are people suggesting that there is something wrong with the child? What ever happened to some kids, just being right little gits? eok56, don't feel bad about it at all, it doesn't mean you don't love him, it just means you don't like him at the moment, and who can blame you? But I've no doubt as he grows and matures and he gets to know you better, things will improve. He's at a difficult age, and is just more challenging that the other children.
Jeremy Kyle Posts: 20
Now, OP. I think its just a case of him being a 3yr old. They all go through it , especially in that sort of a situation where two families are merged. You should try and spend more personal time with him and break through that barrier that is going up between you both before it goes too far. You are the adult here and you have to remember that he is only a child and his feelings are all muddled up at the moment. He is probably just trying to understand his family situation and its all a bit confusing for him.
Roxanne Posts: 3201
Of course you're not a b!tch... children can be complete monsters, especially at that age. A three year old is the ultimate sociopath. That's not to say they do it deliberately, or that there isn't a reason behind it, but none of that helps much when you are contemplating infanticide. Would you consider making an extra special effort to spend quality time with him? Have a day out, just the two of you, take a trip on the DART to Bray for chips and a go on the bumpers (or whatever the equivalent is where you live). Bake a cake with him. Go on a treasure hunt in the park. I know this sounds twee, but if you do fun things together it might improve your relationship a bit - at the moment I'm sure you want to avoid him as much as possible but that's probably not the best option. You say he's fine when he's on his own with you, so make some positive memories together. At least your partner seems to be on the same page as you, which is great. But remember it's not personal - kids at that age are all ME ME ME, and are actually incapable of feeling empathy or remorse. They learn it, but it's not innate. And they do, eventually, grow up.
Gladys Posts: 133
I could have sworn Jeremy gave Sweetheart a good seeing to on this thread earlier.It was fantastic popcorn stuff. I must have been imagining things. I really must lay off the sherry during the day :-8 Eok give him a slap on the arse with a sally switch. Tis all them young uns need.
Miah Posts: 2738
One of two things has happened here - someone has gone snivelling to admin to have posts edited/deleted or Admin have been at the thread with an axe and cut it to bits off their own back. Highly unusual! If this place becomes like Magicmum, I'm leaving! ***INSERT ROLLY EYES HERE***
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
[quote="Miah":3ubydkdt]One of two things has happened here - someone has gone snivelling to admin to have posts edited/deleted or Admin have been at the thread with an axe and cut it to bits off their own back. Highly unusual! If this place becomes like Magicmum, I'm leaving! ***INSERT ROLLY EYES HERE***[/quote:3ubydkdt] Hmm chunks of this thread have been deleted. The post I made about an hour ago has gone.