Menu

Bigamist - should I report him?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

AB123 Posts: 42
H2B sister is married to a bigamist - he has a wife and 2 kids leaving in england! H2B Sister is happy with the situation & plans to stay with him! I am disgusted and feel like reporting it - sick at the thought I am marrying into a familly that can accept such behaviour - father has not cut of ties with his stupid daughter! The only reason we found out was because we have discovered that the wife and kids are now staying in ireland in the same house & they have no plans to go back now due to money problems we have been told! I believe its a open relationship at the mo - H2B are very laid back about the whole situation! H2B sister has a child from an earlier relationship but she lives with the gran and grandad because of this now thank god!
Mrs2008 Posts: 812
I dont what to tell you really. If it was me i'd have to report him but as your sister is happy with the situation that changes things completely. Have you spoken to anyone else in your family about this??????
Hi mrs2008 I have added more info above - its my H2B sister! Your advice is appreicated!
mammybean Posts: 10364
this is my personal opinion this isnt being done behind your fsil back or his wife. its a srange set up but they are all happy with it. its none of your business and you will not be thanked for getting involved. is it worth putting your own relationship at risk as for the father cutting ties?? why should he? a parents love is meant to be unconditional not based on the choices they make - however stupid
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
Why should the father cut ties from his daughter?? As another poster said, a parents love is (should be!) unconditional and anyway, they are all happy with the situation so why should you interfere and possibly risk your relationship with your h2b??
scotswedding Posts: 2829
While it's not something I agree with (obviously) I don't think it's your place to report him. It comes across as you being very interfering... It shouldn't really affect your relationship with your H2B. He's not the one with another wife. Let me know that the set up disgusts you alright but interfering would probably have more of a detrimental effect on your relationship with him and possibly more so with the rest of his family...
MyDreamWedding1 Posts: 1281
What does your h2b think of it? I think I would report it, I really dont agree with it. Maybe if I got on with H2B family I would think different though. Do you get on v well with fsil?
Hi No I do not get on with her - she is 5 years older & I always kept my distance from her! I am civil & never have been rude to her & even agreeed to go to the wedding 4 years ago even thou I was uncomfortable about their marriage (didnt know about the bigamy but I did not like the man). I get on with the father (cus he is such a softie) but he believes I am too independent & has mentioned that to my H2B. Father & I have discussed the issue but it became heated and he left the house. He apologised later but he asked me to understand that he does not wish to upset the family! Mother is a depressive person so I rarely get into anything more then "god its horrible weather" and smile at her! For a short when the daughter was living with the mother & bigamist & he made her not eat meat due to his religon, he even made her cartoon her hand with some mad thing that important to him - the child is picked on & has no friends in school cus of her actions! I get so mad!
mammybean Posts: 10364
I still think it isnt your place whether you get on with them or not - there is no one being decieved. i know you dont like it and to be honest i wouldnt either i thikit is all a bit of a farce, i would just avoid thm altogether. how do you you think your h2b would feel if the gaurds came and carted off his sister and it wa you that caused it. those actions have serious consequences and i just dont think they are worth it, can you imagine your life without yor h2b? cos i doubt it would end any other way
MyDreamWedding1 Posts: 1281
Its a tricky one,the more I think of it the more I think Mammy Bean is right. She will get into trouble as well as her husband because she knows about it.