Menu

Chief Bridemaid duties???? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

wah Posts: 1414
Do you think maybe you were an easy target being her sister? Its always east to take things out on the ones you love. I know i do with my sister as does she to me. You have nothing to worry about, you are great for what you have done, but i do know where you are coming from, my SIL was unbearable for her wedding, complained when we didnt do things but when we asked if there was anything to do it was done or getting sorted, i can honestly say i think she had too high expectations of what our duties were and thought we were to be at her beck and call but sorry life goes on and we all have busy schedules and not every weekend can be consumed with someone elses life and i have really kept that in mind with my 2 cause i would die if they did even half the bit ching we did at the time over her behaviour
WinterWonderland Posts: 1242
Lucky bride can I have you as my CBM??? By your tickers your CBM the day before my wedding so you're well free!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 My CBM (my sister) is completley useless & so is another bridesmaid but my best mate is another of my BM's & is a complete godsend, I'd be lost with out her. I'm sure in the run up to the wedding the other BM's will be more helpful :innocent: And OP I think you are doing a fantastic job, maybe your sister is just venting. Try let it in one ear & out the other.
eam_2008 Posts: 9
Thanks girls for all the support. I'm still not talking to my sister but I'm sure it'll get sorted in the next fews days.... In the meantime I'm getting ready for her hen. Does any of ye have any ideas of something cool / funny to do on the night as a surprise for her?
she Posts: 3298
She's a nutter, you've most definately done your duties, Jesus my bridesmaid doesn't ask me how the plans are even going.........she's lucky to have such a friend that takes an interest.
Cappuccino Posts: 124
I had 2 bridesmaids and neither of them did anything but turn up on the day. Your sister is being most unreasonable - she obviously thinks your life is supposed to revolve around her. It will revolve around her, on the only day she's entitled to it - her wedding day.
Mrs Mia Wallace Posts: 869
Sounds to me like you're doing a great job so don't worry. I've a month to go and I have found myself being very unreasonable in the past week or so. You don't think you're going to be like that but sometimes the stress gets to you. She probably just needed a rant so leave her to it and try not to let it get to you. From my point of view what I want from my BM is support and to take care of the little things. For example I planned my hens (my choice) but my BM made sure she took care of working out the bill for dinner etc coz I hate that kind of thing.
frankensteins wife Posts: 1838
eam 2008 and lucky bride - any chance you's are both free next June ? :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 Two of my bridesmaids aren't even in the country (one is my sister, the second is my cousin), the third is only 16 so not any help there. I haven't had my bridesmaids help with anything at all - little bit upset about this, but theres nothing I can do about it but get on with it. Thank god for my mam and my best friend. I've just found out too that my CBM (sister) wont be home until the middle of April now - she was meant to be home in January, so I feel a bit let down - although its her life and I shouldnt expect her to be around. The second BM wont be home until March. Eam-2008 your sister is so lucky to have you be there for her, so try not to let it get to you and lucky bride - how much do you charge :o0 :o0 :o0
ki-ki-x Posts: 45
I've decided on two of my best friends , I told my sister this as I know deep down she would be useless before and on the day plus she doesn't live here either. So now guess what she is not tallking to me then sent me an email telling me she thinks she has to go to a conference that day, and her boss told she has to attend. I'm not getting married until 2010. :o0 :o0 You can only laugh. I Really don't care, if she is going to act like a 5 year old. O:| O:| O:| Now can you see why..... That's her all over, me me me me ..... GOD families. ;o( ;o( O:|
Bubski Posts: 1785
DUTIES: 1. to help me with decisions when I cant, she is not to take time out of her own life unless Im in dire need. 2. to be by my side on the wedding day, because I want her there as she is my best friend. 3. for her to fully enjoy her day at the wedding, not to be fretting over me. This is my view, I dont think that they should be tied to a list of duties.... She is there to have fun, just like a night out except it is a different type of night out.
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
[quote="Bubski":exleix57]DUTIES: 1. to help me with decisions when I cant, she is not to take time out of her own life unless Im in dire need. 2. to be by my side on the wedding day, because I want her there as she is my best friend. 3. for her to fully enjoy her day at the wedding, not to be fretting over me. This is my view, I dont think that they should be tied to a list of duties.... She is there to have fun, just like a night out except it is a different type of night out.[/quote:exleix57] Agree I am doing everything myself. I dont expect anything from my bridesmaids except that the dresses fit for the day and that they will be there with me. Everyone elses lives dont revolve around me or my wedding they still have their own commitments from day to day I dont and wouldnt expect anyone to drop anything to do things for me or my wedding. If they offer to do things thats different, but by the sounds of it you are doing more than in my eyes is enough and by doing that I take my hat off to you. The lucky B2B O:o) .