Menu

Feel Awful - What to do?? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Let Down Posts: 7
Thanks guys, Twinkelle, to answer your question on whether he did that for me, yes he did last year for my 30th. I didn't have a clue and he got in touch with everyone I knew without me copping on and we were to go out for a meal but he was insisting we went up for a drink first, I walked in and there they all were, it was great to see everyone had made an effort to go and I had the best night all thanks to him, he's meticulous when he's planning things and fair play he really pulled it off he made sure all his friends & their partners were there too. This was my effort to do the same for him and I seem to have let him down big time but as you guys said you can't anticipate that people won't turn up. I think his mother feels the same, we all went back to her house for a party afterwards and she was very frosty with me and made a sly comment to the effect that I hadn't done everything I was supposed to. I did all the organising all the ringing around, picking up cakes decorating rooms etc. I don't know what more she wanted from me. I had a feeling that she spoke to him about me but I never said it to him, it's just funny how he was ok about it one minute then when he spent the day over in hers on Tuesday he had a snot on with me when he came back. Like I said I do understand he must have been disappointed but apart from my fcuk up with the work friends he can't blame it all on me, I think he'd be better off directing it at the people that didn't bother turning up, I know I'm really annoyed with my friends for not going and I won't be in a hurry to go to anything they have again. Ah I don't know, I think I need to have a chat with him when I get home from work. :o(
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
a very pointy toe in the hole is what he wants.... you did your best....20 plus people showed up....did he stop and think that maybe because of that exact attiude he has more people didnt come.... i wouldnt give him a second thought but i would be very very off with him...ungrateful git.
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
First he won't help you out of a financial hole and then he throws a stop because he didnt' ahve a big party, seriously he's one ungrateful spoiled so and so. I'd tell him to have a big hot cup of cop the f&ck on.
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Tell him to F77K off and never expect anything from you again on his birthday the prick!!
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
[quote="Let Down":a246cgxg]Thanks guys, Twinkelle, to answer your question on whether he did that for me, yes he did last year for my 30th. I didn't have a clue and he got in touch with everyone I knew without me copping on and we were to go out for a meal but he was insisting we went up for a drink first, I walked in and there they all were, it was great to see everyone had made an effort to go and I had the best night all thanks to him, he's meticulous when he's planning things and fair play he really pulled it off he made sure all his friends & their partners were there too. This was my effort to do the same for him and I seem to have let him down big time but as you guys said you can't anticipate that people won't turn up. I think his mother feels the same, we all went back to her house for a party afterwards and she was very frosty with me and made a sly comment to the effect that I hadn't done everything I was supposed to. I did all the organising all the ringing around, picking up cakes decorating rooms etc. I don't know what more she wanted from me. I had a feeling that she spoke to him about me but I never said it to him, it's just funny how he was ok about it one minute then when he spent the day over in hers on Tuesday he had a snot on with me when he came back. Like I said I do understand he must have been disappointed but apart from my fcuk up with the work friends he can't blame it all on me, I think he'd be better off directing it at the people that didn't bother turning up, I know I'm really annoyed with my friends for not going and I won't be in a hurry to go to anything they have again. Ah I don't know, I think I need to have a chat with him when I get home from work. :o([/quote:a246cgxg] Well then that is what he is doing, he is comparing the result of his efforts to yours...he cannot do this, this is not your fault. You probably feel awful and want to take the blame cause your part was more of a sucess his was. Honestly it's just childish. You did not f**k up, all the effort and running around you did was for him but he doesn't get it. Tell him to grow up.....twat Sorry i know you love him but what's done is done nothing is gonna change it. What does he expect you to do? Throw another party as a sorry for him?......
LAdancer Posts: 445
OMG is he serious. Its not your fault, the reason why everyone turned up to your party is cause they like you and from what I can make out aren't selfish. I used to do Ann Summers parties and there was always less people actually turn us than the host had been told, it always happens. Happened to me one birthday where 15 of my friends were meant to come out but only 3 showed up, I still had a great night, some people have other commitments or may not have the money to go out. Tell him to cop on, he should appreicate you more xx
lovindis Posts: 642
[quote="shera":38g9dvzs]Tell him to F77K off and never expect anything from you again on his birthday the prick!![/quote:38g9dvzs] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Dont hold back anyway shera!!! :wv
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
the thankless git. leave him off he isnt worth worrying over and the next time he asks why people didnt show up just say "cos they obviously cant stand you-you selfish asshole"
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
Ant eater!!! O:| O:| O:| O:| no no i said A S S H O L E NOW STOP CHANGING MY WORDS ;o(
sillymoo Posts: 337
dont mind his mother, whatver she's being saying. Your hubby sounds very immature, and should be counting his blessings he's got a wife at all, cos theres plenty of girls on here who if they were in that position would have thrown him out. You did all you could to make it a good night and his problem shouldnt be with you, it should be with his so called friends who didnt turn up