Menu

Feel Awful - What to do?? - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

mrs bmw Posts: 6447
[quote="lovindis":3d7iqzkm][quote="shera":3d7iqzkm]Tell him to F77K off and never expect anything from you again on his birthday the prick!![/quote:3d7iqzkm] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Dont hold back anyway shera!!! :wv[/quote:3d7iqzkm] sorry i'm due my period :o0 :o0
maybemama Posts: 243
If I were you I'd tell him to take his annoyance out on the people who pi$$ed him off, i.e. those who didn't show up, not the person who spent ages planning the party. I'm sorry now, but what a langer. If DH acted like this he would NEVER hear the end of it >:o( And you got him a trip to Vegas! He should be licking your boots this week, not getting stroppy with YOU because HIS mates decided they'd rather be elsewhere. You should be the one disappointed in him, not the other way round
Seoid Posts: 89
I do agree with the others that he's coming across as very selfish and childish, but to be fair, it might be worth looking at it from his point of view. The fact that so many people bailed out of his birthday party at the last minute must be a huge kick in the teeth for him. He's probably been stewing over the whole thing and comparing his turnout to yours and feeling very down about it. It's such a knock to your confidence when something like that happens, particularly given that his oldest friend didn't bother his ass showing up. Rather than admitting that he's not rated very highly by some of his supposed friends, which is a very hard thing to do, he's putting the blame on you and trying to say that it's because of your lack of organisation that they didn't show up. It's not the right reaction, but it's an understandable one. You need to sit him down and talk about what he really feels. Explain that it's not you who let him down, it's his friends and you shouldn't bear the brunt of the blame for what they did.
oharetobe Posts: 367
Selfish Sh1te!!!!! Tell him to look through his phone and ring his mates and ask them why the didn't show even when they said they would! The nerve of him to be so ungrateful.....tell him to suck it up, maybe cause he acts like a 4 year old that "mates" didn't show. You did a lovely thing by even trying to sort out a party, he should be grateful for that effort! Head up missy and don't you dare be embarrassed or sad! :lvs
scotswedding Posts: 2829
Was going to say pretty much the same as Seoid did there. It's the first thing that occurred to me after reading your first post anyway... It sounds like he was expecting the same crowd that came to your party so of course it was a bit of a let down. He probably wasn't bothered by the people who did make the effort and show up but instead focused on those who didn't or the fact that there just wasn't enough people there regardless of who they were. Some people are just like that and it is infuriating but it's not the worst fault you could have at the same time... I presume his mother is the same and was more concerned about the quantity than the quality of the guests and perhaps said something to him. When you've had a bit of a knock to the ego like that and someone comments on it you can build it up so disproportionately in you head. Sit him down and tell him you did so much and while you didn't expect endless praise an acknowledgment would be nice. Also tell him if he wants to make something out of it to do so with his friends who couldn't be bothered and not those who did.
Loops Posts: 287
I would be sooooo annoyed with him I wouldn't be able to talk to him .... selfish git....
Let Down Posts: 7
Well just an update, I came home and he was being ok with me & I really wanted to talk to him but I didn't want it to blow up into a big argument. He grabbed me and gave me a hug and a kiss and we spoke about it. Turns out that he did feel sick at the numbers that were there and he was just disappointed that I didn't go through his phone and ring everyone in it like he did with me. He said he appreciated the effort I went to though and I explained to him all that I did and how I just wanted everything to be perfect and I showed him the list I had and all the people who said they'd go and then came up with lame excuses. These were mostly his friends OH's and my friends, all the close friends he had were actually there bar the oldest one (which hurt him the most), also the aquantances he sees now and then didn't turn up. When I put that to him he saw that the people that mattered were there and we agreed that we were both pi$$ed off with the people who didn't bother. Anyway it's sorted now and I've told him I'll never plan anything like that again for him (didn't mean it in a bad way, he agreed!) There's a lot to say for talking it over sensibly rather than having a huge fight over it. Thanks for all your advise, it helped me fight my corner when I was trying to get my point across :thnk
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
Just seeing this thread now, glad you got it sorted. If nothing else, it's put me right off organising a surprise party for my man this year!
mrs mammy Posts: 1487
Two people showed up at my 30th, I would have been over the moon with 20! :o0 Glad you got it sorted though. *)
The Contented Little Mummy Posts: 600
Sod him, he is lucky he even got a party.