Menu

girlies how did you meet your OH?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chiara k Posts: 97
Hi, just thinking back to when we first met, my H2B was living abroad and was home for christmas when he came up to talk to a mutual friend, for us it was instant attraction we spent all night talking untill he had to go home the next day :o( , we met up when he was home again in Feb and six years later we're now planning our wedding :o)ll and celebrating our first Valentines as an engaged couple :lvs . i couldn't be more happy and was just wondering how others met their OH?
LJMom Posts: 1100
I worked in a bar, fancied my hubbie for ages but from afar as I was inlong term relationship. Hubbie asked me out I said No initially but didnt say why as I knew other relationship was coming to an end. We flirted for a while then he asked me out again. Turned out we grew up 4 doors away from each other but he moved when I was 7 & he was 13 I knew his sisters (as they were younger) & our parents knew each other from years ago. Together 11 years this year, married 5 in july, 2 beautiful sons & of course :o)ll :o)ll love him to bits! It was fate ;o)
chiara k Posts: 97
ah what a wonderful story, I didn't believe in fate untill I met my H2B. I too was in a longterm relationship at the time but because of the xmas period I didn't want to break it off. I did shortly after and haven't looked back since. O-O
NittyGritty Posts: 1605
:wv
Excitedwife Posts: 1186
At a wedding...I thought he was amazing and still do :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs
pauline722 Posts: 323
At work.. I couldnt stand him in the beginning. He use to insult me all the time. Apparently his way of trying to talk to me. What were we 5 yr olds? :lvs
Bunnybun Posts: 573
Through a friend. He was friends with her then boyfriend and we met on a night out when her boyf was down visiting her for the weekend and by H2B came along...... They have since broken up and we are celebrating our first and only Vday as an engaged couple - getting married in August!!! :xox
gottabfp Posts: 5641
My husband was my best friends older borther.... who had a car :o0 :o0 . I was 15 , he was 19. I faniced his best friend and over a period of a few months i kissed a few of dh's friends. DH was too shy to ask me out. eventually 11 years ago he asked me for a shift :o0 :o0 we have never looked back, never broke up and have never spent longer than 6 days apart. (god thats scary)
zoesmama Posts: 2774
At a wedding. My Ex was Best Man and I knew no-one else there as we hadn't been going out that long. DH was sitting next to me. We got talking and I really liked him but I was with someone else. It took another almost 3 years before we got together.
Sassy1 Posts: 446
The guy I brought to my debs (he was a friend) introduced us in The Harp as DH worked with his friends father - didn't like him at first - I'm a northsider and he is a southsider so you can imagine the slagging I got from him - quiet liked his friend until he opened his mouth and bless him there was nothing between the ears :o0 DH made his presence felt and after a few months wore me down - he had a reputation for going through girls so didn't want to get involved with someone like that but I finally gave in and agreed to go out on a date with him :) - we are with each other nearly 18 years and married nearly 5 years - turned out my "ladies man" never had a serious g/f before me - bless his little cotton socks :yelrotflmaosmilie: -
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8