Menu

girlies how did you meet your OH? - Page 7

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

teapotty Posts: 2085
I met my OH in Coppers :hic :hic :hic we're getting married this Sat :lvs
Dot Cotton Posts: 1298
i met my OH through my mother :eek I kid you not!!! She was working for a construction company in the canteen & he used to come into her every day for his dinner etc. One day she had an appointment so she asked me to cover for her for a few hours & low & behold who came in only himself!! The first thing that got me was the accent (he's Scottish) & i just thought mmmmm i could listen to that all day :o0 Didn't think anymore about it until mam started coming home saying "X was asking for you today" & asking how i was!! He even sent in his friend to ask mam where i was going one particular Saturday night :yelrotflmaosmilie: Eventually we met up & havent looked back since! Getting married in September after 3 years together! He's the love of my life :lvs Never ever thought my mother would be matchmaker tho :compress
jegoruss Posts: 258
met my boyfriend when i took a car for a test drive in the garage he worked in.we clicked while i drove the car around and then he asked for my number.we had a few patchy rocky times at the start but together full time since 2009 and getting married in december.i am a very lucky lady to have such an amazing h2b.
HippyChic Posts: 1812
I found my OH hanging upside down from a tree! :o0 (Get the kettle on girls and prepare yourselves for the love story of the century ;o) ) My younger brother and my OH had been in baby infants together. Our families knew each other well, I used to hang around with one of his cousins. We still didn't meet though until I was 18 and he was 14 (there's 3.5 years between us). I was chatting with a few of the lads from the estate where my Mam lived when a head appeared out of the tree above me, squeaked "Nice rack", giggled, and disappeared again. :o0 We actually became really good friends after that, despite the age difference, and then another friend of ours, let's call him A, (who we'd both known for ages but didn't know the other knew iykwim) started running bands out at a grotty run-down place outside the town and we used to go out and help out with stuff. One night after a pretty heavy session the 3 of us were sitting around chatting and suddenly myself and my OH started kissing. Now I was in a relationship with a good friend of his at the time so A says "Uh-uh, this is going to be trouble...". After that whenever we were out together it would end up with a snog in a darkened corner somewhere, but we were never officially together, I was always seeing someone else, or he was. This carried on for a few years, we were caught by one of his girlfriends at one stage snogging outside a club we'd all gone to (actually, that ended up being the first night we slept together). It was always just a bit of fun, we were good buddies who just so happened to have this amazing attraction to each other but we agreed a relationship between us would be a disaster, we are both far too headstrong. So a few years go by, we calm down on the whole cheating on other people with each other thing (i.e. we bloody grew up a bit!). My OH was single and I had just gotten out of a really, really FUBAR relationship. I'd been over to his house for tea and a bit of a cry and as I was leaving he gave me a hug and then there was just that [i:coe1thk8]moment[/i:coe1thk8]. You know the one, it's in all the movies, the two characters look deep into eachothers eyes and everyone knows they're about to kiss so will they just bloody get on with it! So we did. It was a very innocent kiss (not like our past ones :-8 ) and I was halfway home when I got a text from himself saying "Is it just me, or was that just...WOW?". Ah girls I nearly crashed the car there and then! So we started seeing eachother but just as slightly more than friends, we were both kinda scared about where it was going and what the ramifications would be if it didn't work out. It's very scary to be falling in love with your best friend, who'll pick up the pieces this time if things fall apart? We went on like that for a few months before finally admitting to eachother that we wanted this to be a relationship. It still took us another 6 months after that to say "I love you" as again we were both terrified. It's a few years on now and we couldn't be happier. We joke about all the time we wasted in our youth when (looking back) this was inevitable but sure all the other experiences have made us who we are today. It's about 10 years since our first kiss but technically, it's coming up to our 3 year anniversary! God, I love him so much :lvs
happyfamily Posts: 3323
We met in college!
kopbabe Posts: 453
On the school bus! he used to get his friends to ask me out..... started going out at 16, went out on and off til we were about 23 (i was messing him about a bit!) and one night he gave me an ultimatum, either I loved him or not. I told him I did but I wasnt ready to settle down. He said he'd to wait for me.....then one night he cooked for me (he really cant cook but made such an effort) and that was it :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs Married when we were 28, went travelling after and now have 2 gorgeous sons :lvs :lvs :lvs
MrsBig10 Posts: 2074
Kopbabe - I :lvs :lvs :lvs your avatar!!!!!
kopbabe Posts: 453
[quote="MrsBig10":26e1p8az]Kopbabe - I :lvs :lvs :lvs your avatar!!!!![/quote:26e1p8az] cheers mrsbig, have it ages :wv big liverpool fan as you prob have guessed! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
jojoc Posts: 78
Hi girls, My OH is my brother's best friend :-8 :-8 I have known him for years obviously, I was in a nightclub when he came in with my brother and a few of there mates we got drunk and kissed. It just went on from there and now 8 years later we are still together and hoping to get married in 2013.
dublinredhead Posts: 917
[quote="Rosycheeks08":8ax66wzm] There don't seem to be many people that have met on dating websites, anyone else out there? Mind you, my h2b doesn't broadcast the fact, he told the priest that we met on a blind date! Which I suppose technically it was :yelrotflmaosmilie:[/quote:8ax66wzm] I also met my H2B on a dating website - connecting singles! I had been with another guy for about 2 years and had just broken up with him, I was at the stage of I don't need him anymore I can get another guy and my friend urged me to have a look on the site. I had been registered with it for a couple of years but hadn't really used it. Anyway, I sent a "wink" to my H2B and he sent a "bunch of flowers" back! To cut a long story short, turned out that he had actually noticed me online a couple of months back and had sent me a message but I'd never gotten it because mails are deleted after 3 months or something if you don't read them!! We started emailing through the site, after about a week progressed to chatting through msn messenger - then started texting! After about 3 weeks we bit the bullet and had our first phone conversation!!! (haven't stopped since!!!) We finally met up after about a month and a half...and at this stage I wondered if it was all too good to be true...kept thinking he wouldn't turn up - but he did!! First date was christmas shopping for his nieces and nephews!!!!! We both got the feeling we didn't want the day to end, so I went back to his house to watch a dvd - we had a little kiss and lets just say the rest is history!! Have been together 3 and a half years now - the best of my life. Still can't believe it sometimes - still think its too good to be true and that someday "jeremey beadle" will jump out and say...... you've been framed!!! :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: :yelrotflmaosmilie: Getting married now in 3 weeks - can't wait!!!