Menu

has anyone ever been in an open relationship?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shoesandbags Posts: 1
am really interested to see if there is anyone out there who is in or has been in an open relationship, being in a couple with someone but both also having sex with other people? can it really work or does it always end up messy and hurting someone? not really looking for opinions on this as im sure many will be horrified at the thought and thats fine but im pretty open minded and think whatever people do in their relationships is their business only, so do whatever makes you happy! so if anyone has been in one please post your thoughts. do they really exist in this little country of ours? thanks
monkeybear Posts: 1926
I know of somebody who did this and i think at first they were both happy doing it, ie going home with different people at the end of the night, or him staying in with his [i:23vi94j1]girlfriend[/i:23vi94j1] (and kids) while the partner went out clubbing i dont know all the detail but got to the point where one wanted to stop the other didnt...........i think its just asking for disaster
mrs.smiffy Posts: 1747
I knew a couple once who said they were in an open relationship and first it seemed they were cool about it but in the end they broke up. I think these kinda relationships only last for a little while as in the end someone will get hurt...
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
Nope never been in one and would not try it either, the only time I could handle having an open relationship would be when I am single and I have a bed buddy. I think it takes a certain kind of person to be able to have these relationships, people who are not into full commitment, who love their freedom, are not jealous and who don't mind contracting std's. (sorry)
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
[img:2vbtvn91]http://eq2.tentonhammer.com/files/gallery/albums/NON-SOGA/NON_SOGA_Female_Troll.jpg[/img:2vbtvn91]
tootsy Posts: 779
Personally i just don't see the point in it, just does not make sense to me at all i think if ya fancy sleeping with someone else other than your partner then you shouldn't be in that relationship.................
Mrs.G Posts: 1828
[quote="sep_o9":1giaogjb]Personally i just don't see the point in it, just does not make sense to me at all i think if ya fancy sleeping with someone else other than your partner then you shouldn't be in that relationship.................[/quote:1giaogjb] I agree. If you are thinking of sleeping with someone else then something is seriously not right.
anika Posts: 2194
definately not my thing at all. im with h2b and thats it, have no urge whatsoever to sleep with some one else. why should i? im in a happy relationship. open relationships r just asking for trouble in my opinion
TickledPink Posts: 338
No, I dont think that I could (even if the other half wanted it). I am way too jealous to deal with that! I am a one man kind of woman and I expect the same in return!
tanyababy. Posts: 511
[quote="TickledPink":mkh2bx25]No, I dont think that I could (even if the other half wanted it). I am way too jealous to deal with that! I am a one man kind of woman and I expect the same in return![/quote:mkh2bx25] I second that