Menu

Has drink ever been a problem in your relationship?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Gone2007 Posts: 4182
There are a few threads mentioning drink this morning and i had a bit of drama over the weekend myself and learned some things about other people too. ( I'm not even going to go into it, it's too exhausting to even think about) but i was just wondering has alcohol caused problems for many people?
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
Not in this relationship but previous one - yes it caused a big problem as ex had a big problem with drink. Every weekend there were rows & tears, could not go through it again!
clucky Posts: 26471
not in this one but my ex was a full blown alcoholic although i was 17 and didnt know it then all our nights out were in pubs and i didnt drink back then - i was so naive and blind thought it was grown up and that i was great only when he tried to drive drunk did i realise he was a gobshite and i dumped him then and there
Mistified Posts: 2680
God Magpie, you poor thing. As if the weekend wasn't bad enough for you. I voted for "occasional row". Luckily while he enjoys the few pints he has a healthy attitude to it, like myself. His family are bad though and he knows I disapprove and I think he actually sees it too for himself now.
aston Posts: 4100
!!!
bride. Posts: 3014
Yes, we have had the odd row involving drink and it was me to blame. They were some of the worst rows we ever had and would never had happened if I hadn't drank more than I should have.
chichi Posts: 606
No, thank God. H2b doesn't drink...have been in relationships where it was a big problem though.
skillet Posts: 244
My H2B & I are fine with drink my problem is with my mother.I have decided after this weekend that she and I cannot and should not ever drink together again.She gets difficult with drink in her and I get over sensative with drink in me and so if she says anything critical at all Im in floods of tears.If we were sober I can just let it go over my head but with drink everything seems bigger and worse than it is. I woke up on Sun feeling so stupid that I let her upset me AGAIN but drinl weakens your defences
chickenlicken Posts: 64
We do have rows when he wants to go to the pub and I don't, and he will give me hassle until I give in and go. I like my drink as much as he does though!
mad woman Posts: 22106
we have the odd little row when we are out, were moany hole wants to go home and I want to stay out a parte