Menu

Has drink ever been a problem in your relationship? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Little Kitty Posts: 914
i voted the occassional row. I can get over sensitive sometimes :roll: Can be a right pain in the ass!! But only sometimes, usually we have a great laugh when we're pissed!!! I was in a previously relationship where my boyf was jealous, possesive and a down right mean bastard both with and without drink. Thank god H2B is nothing like that.
deisebabe Posts: 740
I voted occasionally,when i want to go home and he wants to keep playing pool i tell him he can as long as i get to keep his winnings or when he wants to go out on a sunday night even though he has to be up early on a monday. most of the time when we are out we get on fine.If he drinks way to much we do have stupid rows.Just have to accept he acts stupid when he is drunk and its only the drink and i can usually get good mileage out of it and maybe even a bunch of flowers if i make him gulity enough :lol: :lol:
Dootsay Posts: 958
We don't row at all when we have a few tipples, we get more affectionate ;) although, the morning after the night before can bring the odd row, cos we sleep so much miss out on getting up to do things...time waisted really. But after our mad weekend, we're on a detox mission now.
samhain Posts: 127
We don't row over drink... However, I do get annoyed with him after he has a night out with the lads cos he comes home, falls into bed and OMG the snoring!!!! :shock: I'm convinced he wakes the neighbours up! Ruins my sleep! Keep threatening to make him sleep on the couch but there isn't nmuch point - nothing can wake him up at that stage! So I get to have a sleepless night! O:|
Mama Dora Posts: 14987
I picked occasionally too,Have had some fuelled fights with drink from both of us in the past but you learn from your mistakes. God its really hard to keep quiet with drink though :lol:
ChloeOct06 Posts: 1466
[quote:29e91yre][b:29e91yre]i voted the occassional row. I can get over sensitive sometimes :roll: Can be a right pain in the ass!! But only sometimes, usually we have a great laugh when we're pissed!!![/b:29e91yre] I was in a previously relationship where my boyf was jealous, possesive and a down right mean bastard both with and without drink. Thank god H2B is nothing like that.[/quote:29e91yre] have to say i'm the same h2b is great no matter how much drink. it's never a prob.. and he's never dying to go out with the lads for a pint. it's me.. 2 glasses of wine and i'll sob, and break-up with him.. god love him i'm a nightmare it's only wine.. and i try to avoid it. [/b]
007 Posts: 1462
we sometimes row over drink- but its more a row over him going to the pub for one or two and falling home hours later... men! doesnt happen often though to be fair and i have been known to go out for one after work and stay longer than expected..
mrs Posts: 673
It would be the occasional too. Both of us to blame though. I do get peed off if I am driving and he keeps wanting one more! But there it is the very same when he's driving and I'm wanting one more!!! Both of us thankfully are sensible with alcohol now, hubbie was on the verge of having a drink problem some years ago and it took alot of work from both of us to get to where we are today- very happily married!
Gone2007 Posts: 4182
[quote:12zlbozu]hubbie was on the verge of having a drink problem some years ago and it took alot of work from both of us to get to where we are today[/quote:12zlbozu] I think that is where we are now. i hope it turns out as well for us. :?
miss sixty Posts: 467
I voted occasionaly too. Drink is a demon at times! :lol: