Menu

Heartbroken

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

artois75 Posts: 80
Hi girls My boyfriend broke up with me on friday nite. It came as a total shock and completely out of the blue as everyting was going very well. basically he wanted his single life back, that he had realised this while i was on a a weeks holidays recently. I am absolutely heartbroken and cannot see beyond this heartache. To anyone else who has been through this, how did you cope? i know time is a great healer but in the meantime? im not a strong person and this has just knocked the small bit of confidence right back down to zero. any advice would be appreciated girls :o(
kenko Posts: 1430
So sorry to hear this, yes time is a great healer but at the present time you cant see beyond tommorow.How long were you with him? You said when you were away for the week he decided he wanted hes single life back and it only took him a week to realise this. I think he was thinking about splitting up for a while without you known as you said everything was good between you two.Maybe after getting the taste of single life again he could realise its really you that he wants,this happens a lot with couples and when this time comes you might not want him. I know your heart is breaking now but what ever happens from here on in will be for the best.Best of luck
mrsb09 Posts: 1292
sorry to hear your bad news, time i suppose will be the only thing thats heals etc etc but when this happened to me i went on a holiday and i also booked things like a concert or weekend away to keep my occupied!!!!!go for a week in the sun!!!!!!!!!!! i broke up with someone before xmas andi went to london with a few girls and shoppped til dropped... it def perked me up
blinginhappy Posts: 1356
Sorry you're going through this OP, I know its easy for me to say but I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and as the others say, time heals all. Of course thats little comfort to you now, best thing is keep busy with your friends etc. Hope things get easier for ya soon
artois75 Posts: 80
thanks for your kind words girls, its a great comfort. unfortunately cant take a holiday as i am just back from one, but am going to take a day or two and pamper myself, get my hair done etc. would be great to fast forward a few weeks. at the moment am just letting the tears out and keeping myself distracted with my beautiful little niece. dreading work tomorrow but i guess its best to get out there and keep the routine going. thanks again girls :thnk
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
You will get over it. Throw yourself into work, your friends and family and keep pampering yourself.
kenko Posts: 1430
Good on ya artois 75, you will get through this, be nice to yourself and stay positive, Best of luck to you, Dont worry about going into work, treat tommorow as a new chapter in your life and enjoy it.
gerbil Posts: 3528
you will definitely get through it. You really will. It will hurt now, but that's ok, you're allowed feel like crap and mourn your relationship and everything you thought it might lead to in the future. Just don't waste too much time looking back :xxx OTOH breaking up with this man has freed you up to find someone who really loves you and who will value you above "single life". And for other things, time and space to renew friendships, do the things you like doing, look after yourself, etc :thnk
strawberry shortcake Posts: 9094
chin up hun, been there and ye it kills, sometimes you feel like your going to bawl out in public but your allowed, if you want to cry cry, if you want to be angry get angry, its true time is a healer, least he told you now rather then if you were getting married, like i always say who know what the future holds, they do knock your confidence when it happens but your strong dont forget that.
marianf Posts: 5845
[quote="blinginhappy":y2pjyxtd]I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and as the others say, time heals all. Of course thats little comfort to you now, best thing is keep busy with your friends etc. [/quote:y2pjyxtd] I totally agree with Blinginhappy. I broke up with an ex in 2000 after 3 years together (2 of which we lived together). I was heartbroken and the split came totally out of the blue. Thought I would never get over him. How wrong I was!!! Threw myself into work and got loads of promotions. Ended up setting up my own company, buying my own house etc etc. Best bit ever was meeting my h2b. My life would never be as good nor me as happy as I am now. Its only when you come out the otherside that you realise that what people said was true. Take care and best of luck