Menu

Horrible Dreams

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shobie Posts: 1437
This probably sounds stupid but I feel upset today because I had a dream last night that I found texts on my DP phone from his ex saying that she loved him. I know its stupid because it was only a dream but it was so real I actually woke up shaking. Last week he had a dream that I found proof of him cheating, even though he hadn't. All very strange, can I just say he isn't cheating and I completely trust him so I don't understand where these dreams are coming from. Our relationship is great and there are no probs. Any explanations as to where these dreams are coming from?
dreamer Posts: 3941
I wouldn't worry about it shobie. It might be just an unconscious worry in some little dark corner of your mind! But as you said, you completely trust him so there's nothing to worry about! I personally don't read anything in to dreams as I have the most fantastical and sometimes terrifing dreams. For instance, last night, I dreamt I was on holidays in a hotel, near the coast and suddenly a large wave hit our window four floors up. We looked out to see a huge wave of water and I suddenly knew there was a tsunami on the way. I knew if I could get out of the building and run up the hill behind it I would be ok! Oh, and I was there with Maria from Cornation Street boyfriend!!!!! We guessed we had about twenty minutes before the big one hit so we were trying to decide what to do!! Meanwhile, airplanes were landing on the water infont of the hotel!!!!Why they would decide to do that with a tsunami on the way is beyond me!!! It got even more wierd after that - When I tried to run up the hill behind the hotel. There was this guy (but from stone age times!!) sitting in old stone remains. He gestured to me to go back the way I came. I did, but these half human-half animals type people followed me, throwing bloody flesh at me, saying it was the "arse of God"!!!! ( I kid you not!!!) The dream finished with no tsunami happening, but this sign appeared in the sky and then vanished!!! Now, if I was to get somebody to analyse that, I am sure I'd be locked up!!!!!!!!
keepitsimple Posts: 966
DH often has dreams that I am cheating on him. He was engaged before and his fiancee cheated on him with his best friend so although he completely trusts me now I'm sure there is a corner of his sub-conscious that worries it will happen again which is why I reckon he dreams about it sometimes. he wakes up annoyed and upset with me even though I did nothing :o0
shobie Posts: 1437
:o0 :o0 :o0 Ah thanks for making me feel normal....! Dreamer, what a crazy dream :eek
bullbride Posts: 423
oh god i'm not alone, most nights i have very strange dreams, i even think they'd be great movies sometimes, from natural disasters, to getting sack, to breaking up with h2b, him cheating on me or me cheating on him, members of my family dyin.. just mad dreams... they say its got to do with stress and i've a stressful job so i just try to forget them, easier said than done when bits in your dream happens during the day.... very strange altogether! so when i have the cheating dreams i get freaked out that its gonna happen, but i just try remind myself its only a dream!!
LAdancer Posts: 445
I always have really mad dreams to about H2B cheating on me, have even woke up on a number of times crying. Although my dreams are really messed up, last night I was a vampire who could go out in the sunlight????? Always dreaming I can fly and all, so I prob need to be locked up too haha xx
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Girls, our H2B's are dreamcheating on us!! The B*st*rds!!!! My H2B does it all the time. HOW DARE HE! :o0 :o0 :o0 I wake up after a dream like that and tell him he dreamcheated again. I do feel a little mad at him for no reason. I also have dreams sometimes that I cheat on him.. Sometimes they are nice dreams.. Wentworth Miller being one of my conquests!!!! :o0
Callalily Posts: 325
I have had that sort of dream about a former boyfriend years ago, but not H2B that i can think of. It is really really upsetting and you wake up feeling awful. Dreams can feel far too real. Was posting about dreams on the June 08 brides thread and I still feel the panic that accosted me when I dreamed last week that I was going to have to walk up the aisle barefoot and pretend I was a hippy, because I had never got round to buying my shoes. :o0 :o0 However H2B has told me about waking up in the middle of the night with a stinging side of his face and the sound of a hearty slap echoing around the darkened room.... his ex gf had dreamed he was cheating on her. She's a bit more physical than I would be!! (Although while I sympathise with the unjustified domestic violence, part of me wants to say, good for her, and let that be a warning to you...!)
shala Posts: 1733
Check out http://www.dreammoods.com/ On adultry it says: To dream that your mate, spouse, or significant other is cheating on you, indicates your fears of being abandoned. You may feel some lack of attention in the relationship. Alternatively, you may feel that you are not measuring up to the expectations of others
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Ha! Maybe they aren't good enough for us??? :o0