Menu

How do you set the mood...

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
For a bit of love or romance or TLC or just cuddles? I know if I came home and h2b had candles lit and a bottle of wine I would be putty in his hands. Unfortunately the only time my h2b looks for candles is when there is a powercut. Anyway.. what do men like? (apart from the obvious). do candles float their boat? Or am I just blessed with the one who likes to snore and fart on the couch at the weekends while I sit seething with my bottle of Blossom Hill while throwing dirty looks at his back on the couch
Cathy34 Posts: 1068
My hubby loves back massages I am not sure though if the candles do anything for him :o0
Emu09 Posts: 43
:o0 Laughing here cos have one of those myself at home.....always end up having all the wine to myself as one glass and it's lights out for him!! I think I do the candle lighting and blazing fire and good meal and movie for myself as much as himself!! I could have 100 candles lighting around him and he'd be alll ''oh the hazards- an accident waiting to happen" so like a lot of men- good food, good wine, good movie on the box..........do they really need a ''mood'' to be set!!!
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
[quote="Emu09":11crt1fo]:o0 I could have 100 candles lighting around him and he'd be alll ''oh the hazards- an accident waiting to happen" ![/quote:11crt1fo] I hear "you won't quit with them bloody candles till you burn the whole place to the ground". Oh what a romantic.
Emu09 Posts: 43
Yep I truly am blessed........ :o0 :o0 And if I throw another log on the fire " Jeez- you'll have the chimney up- I'm sweatin' " Men- eh... It'll just be me and trusty wine by 11 p.m. tonight - although it is too nice for a fire, so he might last til 11.30 before dozing off!!!
SteveMcQueen Posts: 466
But they are fire hazards!
Roxanne Posts: 3201
One word - lingerie! And stockings, but that would be three words... men are all about the visual.
sunny505 Posts: 1807
I have often arrived home to H2B standing at the door - "dinner's in the oven and your bath is running". And there are candles all over the place cos he knows I love them. I am very lucky. I did return the favour and he absolutely loved it - hot bath with lots of bubbles.
gerbil Posts: 3528
leave the couch, that's my advice O-O Men often associate sitting in with just being lazy, watching tv, snoring away. It's the norm, it's not romantic. Drag him out for a walk, or to the cinema, talk about completely different things than normal, break the routine. Can't hurt :thnk
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
oh we are soo lazy wit each other... he says fancy a massage i say go on then!