Menu

If he hit you? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

gerbil Posts: 3528
Throw him out. It's insane to remain in the relationship - it will almost certainly happen again imo.
Chick Flick Posts: 498
I know you say its completely out of character but if he hits once theres always the chance he could do it again. We all loose our tempers, God knows ive lost mine but to go so far as physical violence this is something I would not tolerate no matter how you love somebody. It may never happen again BUT its happened.
goblyn Posts: 796
use a spoon to scoope out his balls >:o)
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
It's very easy to say 'go' but without knowing the specific circumstances, I wouldn't know what you should do.
CoraCora Posts: 170
a friend in an abusive relationship, it is always her " fault" he hits her, it is always a "once off", it is always " never again". If he hits you once, he will do so again, get out and stay out
mrs blueeyes Posts: 992
We were told in our pre-marriage course that the ONLY time you should WALK away from a relationship is when there is VIOLENCE from a partner. [b:3hsutun7]THEY DONT CHANGE... [/b:3hsutun7] They might refrain for a period of time to gain back your trust, but it WILL happen again... (could be a week, a month or a year) Sometimes it starts off as something simple like a slap across the face but each time it happens it gets progressively worse My advise is [b:3hsutun7]GET OUT[/b:3hsutun7] of the relationship now... if you don't and he hits you again you will find it harder to leave it..
Delish Posts: 4176
I would ask him to get out and if he was truely remorseful I would consider going for couple's counselling and then take it from there.
aoifed Posts: 580
I honestly cannot conceive of a situation in which violence would be forgivable. (Which, by the way, I think is the issue at hand, rather than it being acceptable.) Apparently 1 in 4 people in Ireland will suffer domestic violence. For me, the trust would be irrevocably broken, and I would never see the person who did it to me in the same light again. I think I would always be wondering if it would happen again. I would definitely go.
CoraCora Posts: 170
[quote="Delish":21pn368n]I would ask him to get out and if he was truely remorseful I would consider going for couple's counselling and then take it from there.[/quote:21pn368n]ah Delish, friend's hub is ALWAYS sorry, last year he kicked her down the stairs and threw her-physically- out into sub zero temps, only a neighbour heard her moaning ,she's be dead, she was in hospital for 5 weeks..but he was "sorry"..so she took him back. This year , a neighbour has called the gardaĆ­ as he was threatening her with a knife.. Sorry??Ony that the gardaĆ­ now have him on file
Ms.FrancesHouseman Posts: 30
He'd be out on his ear. Firstly, there's no way that I'd tolerate anyone being violent towards me and secondly if he hit me, it would mean that he'd be a completely different person than I thought he was. So there's no way our relationship would survive.