Menu

If he hit you? - Page 8

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NemoFish Posts: 2501
I think I would go. THINK. Obviously its hard to know. It would be awful having to decide - you still love him, but its not good for you. You do not want to have to keep remembering, and wondering will it happen it again. And what if ye had kids togeter - would you really want to have to keep worrying about them too. Though on the other hand, I would probably give a second chance. Hope ye work things out
Mrs..D Posts: 1741
Only you know if he is genuinely sorry or not - for what its worth i think you made the best decision. You went with your gut instinct, thats all you can do. I do believe that these things can be a one off, I'm not saying its right, far from it, but we all do things we regret, sometimes way out of character and it can be a wake up call. Best of luck with everything xx
Belleboo Posts: 924
Sandie, please leave, he will hurt you again. I think you have doubts yourself, listen to your gut and walk away.
jess27 Posts: 16
I know everyone says if they do it once they will do it again, but that doesnt always apply to everyone. Maybe if you both went to counselling it may help? I know that I am getting married this year and have been with my H2B 10 yrs and we have been through this a few years back, I went to counselling with him and everything his great with us. He is so different.
Maybethisyear13 Posts: 992
I agree that it's hard to give advice without knowing all the circumstances but I think you need to get rid. No one deserves that kind of treatment and if you forgive it he might do it again.
silíní Posts: 4219
If he doesn't get professional help, he will do it again.... He needs to have a really good look at his behaviour. I think if you're going to stay with him he has to accept that he needs help.
poodle Posts: 596
[quote="Sandie":13oikb3h]What would you do if your H2B/Hubby/Partner hit you? And it was completely out of character and a once off? Would you stay or go?[/quote:13oikb3h] Run Forest Run :o)ll
poodle Posts: 596
I replied to this earlier without reading all the posts,and now that Ive read them all I still feel the same way.Ive never been in a situation like this,but the fact that he did it when he was drunk is kinda scary too....is he now going to avoid drink for the rest of his life....or every time he has a drink are your nerves going to be gone worrying that he may hit you???or will he use it again as an excuse that he was drunk and didnt mean it?Some times when you're in a situation you cant really see things too clearly.You know deep down theres no excuse,ever,for violence.Its mad to think that there is.I hope you're ok,I really do but I think you're doing all the classic things that women do in this situation like not telling your family.Why on earth are you hiding that from people who care for you???Especially if it was a "one" off.Confide in them.Good luck. :thnk
xprincessbridex Posts: 29
i think this is a major toughie....without knowing ur specific circumstances i cant say what i think you personally should do. i would definately leave if my h2b attacked me or beat me up. One slap thats followed by remorse could possibly be forgiven but then again whos to say he wouldnt do it again?
number1cat Posts: 369
[quote="Sandie":1amd7zd6]What would you do if your H2B/Hubby/Partner hit you? And it was completely out of character and a once off? Would you stay or go?[/quote:1amd7zd6] It would be over - and I would expect him to say the same if I did it to him. "Till death do us part" doesn't mean till one of you kills the other.