Menu

If he hit you? - Page 10

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

HappyGal Posts: 261
i think you should relax there a minute :eek im just saying that it is never black and white.. sometimes it is.. but couples can get into heated arguments , i've seen it happen, there is no excuse , but people under pressure, under the influence of alcahol, drugs, depression, can do things that they would not normally do is all i am say LOIS.
gone elsewhere Posts: 1780
[quote="HappyGal":3iy98oxt]i think you should relax there a minute :eek im just saying that it is never black and white.. sometimes it is.. but couples can get into heated arguments , i've seen it happen, there is no excuse , but people under pressure, under the influence of alcahol, drugs, depression, can do things that they would not normally do is all i am say LOIS.[/quote:3iy98oxt] I'm very relaxed, ta! I do think it's black and white. If you are in a relationship with someone who is uncontrollable to the point of raising their hand, it's over. I don't care how the argument came about. I would have the same attitude towards a woman who hits a man.
NowGone Posts: 8042
[quote="Lois":39qs9rub] I do think it's black and white. .[/quote:39qs9rub] I agree with Lois. it IS black and white. It's black and white if one person raises their hand and hits another. Alcohol, drugs, temper, "deserving it" are excuses, not reasons. Regardless of how one person treats another, regardless of whther you think they need a slap, there is no excuse for physical violence.
ok so what about the fact she said she hit him in the back first ?
[quote="HappyGal":ndkoqmdo]ok so what about the fact she said she hit him in the back first ?[/quote:ndkoqmdo] Read what I said about a woman who hits a man.
LAdancer Posts: 445
[quote="HappyGal":33izk4gv]to be honest with you, I think that is a silly response sorry. if you ready the girls post you have no idea what actually happened or circumstances really. its a very touch subject but sometimes it can take two to make this happen. I am not blaming anyone, but it was not like the husband came home drunk and beat the living daylight out of her.. women can be sometimes to blame, and i hate to say that, KNOWONE shouldl ever hit a woman, at least thats what they say, but i have seen some girls sometimes and the way they treat their guys , i'd love to smack them around myself.. hope the post comes accross properly!![/quote:33izk4gv] I'm sorry was that a response to my answer? If so its not silly, she asked what we would do if our partners ever hit us, I gave MY answer. Believe me I've seen friends in abusive relationships and they used to blame themselves for it. I do martial arts but I would never use violence against H2B, it doesn't solve anything and just makes matters worse. Wether it is a man or women that is being hit is irrelevant, noone deserves to be hit and be afraid of their partner xx
I couldn't agree with you more LADANCER.. its just that I dont think this is one of those were she is in an abusive relationship is all I am saying. I would say to ANYONE who is in an abusive relationship , and it is a constant thing, to get the hell out. its just I read this post different. she said it was out of the blue and it was in retaliation to when she hit him is all.. im just trying to give advice on what I am reading... .she is not in an abusive relationship.. but if it happened again, that YES 100% i would not walk run out that door!! :thnk and no it wasn't a response to your answer ...
[quote="Lois":3jatcg4h][quote="HappyGal":3jatcg4h]ok so what about the fact she said she hit him in the back first ?[/quote:3jatcg4h] Read what I said about a woman who hits a man.[/quote:3jatcg4h] I get the feeling your getting a bit funny about this... you should be able to talk on these discussions instead of feeling you can't give advice ... think I'll avoid you anyway!
woohoo09 Posts: 630
out to f*** hard to say when we don't know ya or the circumstances... big hugs.
[quote="HappyGal":3givea1f][quote="Lois":3givea1f][quote="HappyGal":3givea1f]ok so what about the fact she said she hit him in the back first ?[/quote:3givea1f] Read what I said about a woman who hits a man.[/quote:3givea1f] I get the feeling your getting a bit funny about this... you should be able to talk on these discussions instead of feeling you can't give advice ... think I'll avoid you anyway![/quote:3givea1f] WTF are you on about? You don't like that I disagreed with you. I said I'd have the same attitude towards a woman who hits a man. You obviously didn't read that bit the first time. We [i:3givea1f]are[/i:3givea1f] having a discussion, you just don't like that I challenged your opinion. No big deal, if you want to avoid me knock yourself out.