Menu

is it ever the right time?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

shellbellxxx Posts: 133
Hi Girls,
olivia123 Posts: 824
i'm broody too. h2b wants to wait till we are married next year. while i agree with him i would love a baby now. he keeps telling me to think realistly when i talk to him about it. :o( Thankfully for me the really bad broodness?? comes and goes. Will definatly be starting on our honeymoon if not a month or two before. lol. sorry i can't be of help but just thought I would let you know you are not alone.
Mrs Beasley Posts: 589
If you keep waiting for the "right time", you will end up waiting for ever. There will always be a reason not to. My husband and I kept waiting for the right time until we just said "feck it... no right time, we'll just see what happens and then make the necessary life adjustments". So far so good :o0
mrs bmw Posts: 6447
I think that if your living with his parents then you should really tell them your intentions, they might have no problem you living with them but not a newborn baby if it turns out that you would still be in the house after it had been born I know that if it was my son or daughter in that prediciment I would asking them to move out as I would not want another baby in the house when my family had been reared. It's not fair to put them into that situation. (again!)
shybride09 Posts: 250
Hi ya-i agree there can be no good time. but there probably can be particularly bad times. it would be very hard to live with someone else's (or even your own) parents with a newborn. Especially when everyone will be giving you there two cent worth on what your doing etc... Plus they have done all the late night feeds and crying years ago maybe they are glad that time is passed for them and wouldnt like it/be able cope with it... I had hoped for this year myself but lost my job end of last year so we're going to be renting out our home shortly and moving home to get back on our feet (both to my home) so defo think with parents in their 60's it would not be a great time for me!! If your partner is walking away from you when you try to talk about it-i would defo think its time to give it a break for a while and give it a few months before you broach the subject again. he clearly isnt even willing to discuss it at the moment. Best of luck with it all :wv :wv
mini mama Posts: 834
Unfortunatley i think both of ye need to agree before ye have a baby...i have seen couples where one gave into the other ones needs and ended up regretting it etc...maybe do as shera says and speak to his parents but really you need to make sure that oh is sure first also...having said that the flip side is that if you wait and found it harder to concieve than first thought then you'll have wasted time hanging around...this is happening to my sis at the moment so she is very angry with her hubbie for wanting to wait so long but I suppose everyone has reasons to wait or not wait.....i always laugh at my mum in situations like this...she always said "in my day there was no such thing as planning or waiting"...she has 9 kids and 12 grandkids now.... :wv I hope you and oh can make a good decision between ye...it will prob be the biggest decision ye'll ever make so put alot of thought into it including yer home situation,living arrangements,jobs etc
dellol Posts: 315
[quote="shera":2zhe4025]I think that if your living with his parents then you should really tell them your intentions, they might have no problem you living with them but not a newborn baby if it turns out that you would still be in the house after it had been born I know that if it was my son or daughter in that prediciment I would asking them to move out as I would not want another baby in the house when my family had been reared. It's not fair to put them into that situation. (again!)[/quote:2zhe4025] Took the words right out of my mouth.... His parent's have to have a say, considering the baby will be taking over their home.......
shellbellxxx Posts: 133
thanks for the replies girls, i
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
I am always broody :o0 but my way of looking at it now is that I have waited this long I can wait another 15 months and please God we will have a honeymoon baby :o)ll
walkingwollie Posts: 3344
[quote="dellol":3u2y2jpb][quote="shera":3u2y2jpb]I think that if your living with his parents then you should really tell them your intentions, they might have no problem you living with them but not a newborn baby if it turns out that you would still be in the house after it had been born I know that if it was my son or daughter in that prediciment I would asking them to move out as I would not want another baby in the house when my family had been reared. It's not fair to put them into that situation. (again!)[/quote:3u2y2jpb] Took the words right out of my mouth.... His parent's have to have a say, considering the baby will be taking over their home.......[/quote:3u2y2jpb] Really??? :eek :eek :eek Would you actually sit down with your parents and say 'we're thinking of trying for a baby, is that alright with you?' Would you not just try to conceive and if you DID fall pregnant (bearing in mind, there are NO guarantees this will happen quickly) THEN discuss next steps? They're not actually tied to living with the parents, and if she got pregnant, they could consider next steps then? I would NEVER tell ANYONE other than my dh I was 'trying' for a baby! Come on! They don't have any say in whether they choose to 'try' or not.. they will have a say AT THE EARLIEST 8/9 months later..