Menu

Just got engadged

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Trixy3 Posts: 2041
Hi everyone Just got engaged this weekend and would like some advise.... Would like to get married in June 2010.... Do you book hotel and church now or is it too early.... Its all so exciting :o)ll
rigo Posts: 421
Congrats. You must be trilled I would book the hotel and church as soon as possib;e. At least then you have a choice of hotels and dates. You be surprised how many girls have booked for 2010 already. Het all the main things booked wg video photographer bandetc the popular ones always booked up well in advance.
mrstobe09 Posts: 875
Congratulations on your engagement :o)ll :o)ll There's no harm in been organised the earlier you book you have a greater choice of available dates and venues. Best of luck with all the planning
corkbridetobe09 Posts: 194
C :o)ll O :o)ll N :o)ll G :o)ll R :o)ll A :o)ll T :o)ll U :o)ll L :o)ll A :o)ll T :o)ll I :o)ll O :o)ll N :o)ll S :o)ll Enjoy every moment of your special time. The feeling is amazing when you get engaged. Once its sunk in and ye have celebrated the engagement I would def book the major things such as the church,hotel,band,photographer etc. Things get booked up very quickly and especially being a summer wedding. Best of luck with your organising
lolly77 Posts: 851
hi, congrates :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Well if you know what you want then book away, June is popular time so to get the date you want, ld advise to see what dates are free. Just take a bit of time to make sure that your happy with the hotel, date etc.... some people rush in and end up changng or not being happy. Enjoy the planning, you have lots of time so there should be no panic. have fun!!! you will get lots of advise here. Congrates. :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
Congratulations. I too would say to enjoy this time for a week or two, but you can still be thinking of what you'd like and be setting a date anyway. If you're having a weekend wedding, you will need to book the major things soon enough. No problem if you're having a week day wedding. I got engaged three weeks ago for a wedding august 2009 and I had church and hotel found within a week and all the different vendors etc said that there would be loads of availability for a Monday wedding, which is what we want. Certainly don't arrange anything until you are definitely sure you are happy with it, as you do have time. Enjoy all the preparations and going to wedding fairs if you do.
Suebabe Posts: 553
Congrats :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll Welcome to WOL :o)ll :o)ll I would agree with the other posters take some time out and enjoy being engaged for a while,Im a sat in June 09 and havent got everything booked yet start after xmas but do a bit of reserch on WOL and the internet :o)ll :o)ll
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
Thanks a million girls for the advice...getting my ring tomorrow so I am on a high...best of luck to ye all..I look forward to sharing my plans with ye :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
she Posts: 3298
Congrats on your engagement. I'm sure there already taking booking for 2010, good luck with all the planning. :wv
monkeybear Posts: 1926
Congratulations!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll no harm setting the date as soon as your ready to!!