Menu

Just got engadged - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

NemoFish Posts: 2501
Check out the 2010 brides!!!! thread! There are loads of us, and we all have loads done! (Do a search and go to the thread with the exclamation marks!) Congrats on the engagement.
secret2012 Posts: 1134
Congratulations!!! :o)ll :o)ll There is a June 2010 bride thread I think as well as the 2010 brides thread which is very large at this stage!
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
Congratulations and welcome. :wv :wv :wv I would say if you know what hotel you like there is no harm in booking it now or if you are not sure then you can start looking. I hope you have a great time planning your wedding. *)
Mrs Rocket Posts: 1824
Congrats on your engegement!!1 :xox I'm not engeged yet,we wanted to book the hotel/church first so we went to book the hotel we really wanted for July 2010,they had no date left for June July and only 2 dates in Aug,and one date was Friday 13th!!!! So if I were you id book your hotel and church straight away :wv
excitementcity Posts: 1007
Whoo hoo..Congrats Trixy3!! Welcome to the madness!! :o)ll :o)ll I'd say hotel, then church, then band, then photographer....after that things tend to fall into place.....I found it was really hard to get the band and hotel that I wanted and that was over a year in advance....so you may aswell get started....otherwise you'll only go mad with excitement.....and also everyone will keep asking you what's your date so you might aswell settle on one!! :o0 :o0
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
I had the church/priest and hotel done within a week of getting engaged, but mine is on a Monday next year.
po Posts: 439
Congrats. Its a lovely time. I got engaged in Oct 06.I booked the hotel, church & band in nov 06 for June 09. Book away.. especially if you want a certain venue, church, band. Happy planning.
fifibelle Posts: 4447
Congrats on your engagement! :o)ll
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
An update girls...my wedding is all booked 25.06.10 here we come...yipppeeee :xox :xox :xox :xox :xox
Helenl123 Posts: 1457
welcome and congrats on the engagement, its so exciting isnt it.!!! I would start booking and looking at as much as you can do now... the more you get done now, the less you worry about later. I am getting married in Sept next year (2009) and booked hotel, reg office, have dress, have cake, have photographer, have shoes, have jewllery, have car and have booked and paid for honeymoon. The least i have to do next year the better. I'll be a wreck with nerves without having to plan lots of stuff aswell.