Menu

Men commenting on dress choice?!?!?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
I'm a bit miffed....... Does any other man comment on the style of dress their b2b has choose??? I haven't shown my h2b my dress but he knows it is strapless (or boob tube effect), something i didn't think i would go for. I envisioned a halterneck, or skinny straps or one shoulder.... Anyhow my h2b keeps saying women look like brickies in them dresses, all broad at the back etc... So here's the thing, we're knee deep in with weddin plans for next year, and were watching a band last nite, when my h2b asks what i think of the brides dress, i said it was ok but not particularly what i'd go for, to which he replied he'd rather that then something a woman looked wide in.... I was soooooo hurt and cried the whole hour home in car. He did eventually apologise, but this honestly isn't the first time he's made comments like this, knowing fine well the over-all style of my dress... Here's the thing- i only need to get my weight down by 1 stone to be at the weight i was before DS, and I'm not chubby, just a slight belly- so it really stung, that he prob won't think i look well on wedding day. :eek :eek Am i over-reacting? I haven't spoke to him since late last night, and at that i don't think he understood me cuz i was blubbing so much. I just think he should keep his opinion to himself until he sees me that day. O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
xcited bride Posts: 359
dont be upseting yourself... he just sounds like a typical man... they say stuff without thinking it through.. my sister got married last year in a halterneck dress, figure hugging, only bit of detail around bust, while at my cousins wedding this year she walked past us up the aisle in a strapless dress, full of bling, a line with really long train, sisters hubbie turned to her and said "she is wearing same dress as you" my point is men dont have a clue, poor sister thought she had knocked h2b socks off on their wedding day and sure he cant even remember dress. he just remembers she looked stunning, detail such as dress are hugh to us but go over mens head,, he will think your stunning no matter what your in :wv
lifestooshort Posts: 2312
aw god love you don't mind him. You'll make his mouth hit the floor on your wedding day with pride and he'll realise your the most beautiful looking bride in the world and also that all the other people he's seen looking like briccies don't have a patch on the wow factor you bring to that style of dress xxx remember you would have tried on loads of dresses and your the best at knowing what suits you so I'm :xxx sure you'll look fab.
Thank you so much for your posts girlie's... Although needless to say he is still getting the silent treatment..... :eek You got me going with "she's wearing same dress as you", that'll be like something my h2b will say. Was just so hurt by what he had said because he had said it numerous times since i bought dress. I did say one sentence to him that fairly shut him up, "i'll go and buy another f*ckn two grand dress then".... Poor lads face nearly fell off. I lol when i got outta room :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Icarus Posts: 189
Cilla, as long as you love your dress and you will feel on top of the world wearing it, thats all that matters. Come on, wedding dress advice from a man? I dont think so :o0
beedee Posts: 109
Cilla don't be worrying yourself. You are going to look fab and he will be blown away.He doesn't know what he is talking about. It was a silly comment and anyway men don't have a clue about dresses. Don't waste anymore tears and tell him since when did he become an expert on dresses. Is he turning into Franc! :o0 Take the mick and he won't say anything again. Remember you are going to be fab and don't doubt that for a second. :o)ll
roma2011 Posts: 1208
You'll be stunning pet - the dress was "the one" for you so when he see's you in it he'll realise what a plonker he was about this!
Tanx so much girls for lifting my spirits....... Ya's no to well how its easy to make a big deal outta these comments when all responsibility land son you for wedding.... Had to laugh Franc said in Sunday's newspapers how men are getting on board more- well not in my house!!! Men are clueless about weddings...... Thanks again :thnk
roma2011 Posts: 1208
Well my one is so clueless he didn't even realise there's a wedding ring for the woman! He was like "WHAT we have to get ANOTHER ring?!" :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
Anonymous Posts: 24542
solange.lovelly@yahoo.com my name is Solange i am a young beautiful girl with full of love from africa and carely also romantic,well i saw your profile on www.weddingsonline.ie and i love it,i think we can click together please i will like you to email back through my email adderss thus solange.lovelly@yahoo.com please i will like you to use your email adderss to contact me directly to my emailbox.atdesame time i will show you my photo and you also know more about me. thank's for your understanding, Solange