Menu

MIL - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

roma2011 Posts: 1208
God this thread is making me nervous, am laughing so hard but then getting the "oh crap what if that happens to me when I move in with H2B in June" - will be living five hours from my family and five mins from his. Get on well with FMIL at the mo, but I live in the UK so it would be tough to fall out with her from here! I'll be back on here to add a few gems of my own in a few months :eek Another poster said to just have a frank discussion with her about it, not sugar coated et. I think that's a good approach as long as DH has been forewarned about you doing it, and knows what you're going to say so there's no shock when she goes running back to him.
Welsh goddess Posts: 370
Roma2010 its better for you to be prepared then sorry. I had a friend who had the same prob as us with her MIL and in order for her to stop her calling in she used to park her car down the road so MIL thought no one was home!!! :o0
Well girls, Were any of your MILs at it over the weekend. We completely ignored my FMIL - she expected us to bring her for dinner with us cos H2B had booked a meal for me for mothers day with the 2 kids O:| I wouldnt mind but her daughter brought her out for dinner on Saturday and we gave her money towards it and then she expected to be brought out by us as well :eek
Mrs Beasley Posts: 589
Aw Welsh Goddess, I feel sorry for your MIL now. Didn't any of her children do anything with her on the day itself? I think being brought out to dinner the day before and having the people you want to see giving money towards it just isn't quite the same as being made feel special by the children you raised on the day in question.... or did she get a bit of spoiling yesterday that we're just not hearing about? Don't get me wrong, from reading your posts, she does sound quite irritating... I just feel sorry for any mother who didn't get to see her kids / grandkids yesterday, but Im a soft touch :o0
She had wanted to be brought out the day before because she wanted to go see her own mother yesterday but then when she heard that we were going out to dinner she just wanted to be greedy. Her son and daughter were with her yesterday and her partner so she got some spoiling yesterday but it was her own choice to go out Saturday. So i am not that much of a B***h :o0 If you have put up with everything that I have then you would never feel sorry for her. She is the type of person that wants everything to revolve around her O:|
Oh God, I didn't for a moment think you were a b*tch :eek and in fairness, I did ask if there was some spoiling yesterday that we didn't hear about :-8 just from reading your post it sounded like she was sitting at home all alone yesterday and I feel sorry for anyone in that situation. Bit unfair to suggest I thought you were a b*tch ;o(
Mrs Beasley I wasnt for one minute suggesting you though I was a bitch :-8 sorry if you took me up wrong :thnk I just wanted everyone to know that a lot of this with her is self inflicted and when someone is like that it is very hard to feel sorry for them. Its crazy but i actually used to get along really well with her until we had a baby and started planning the wedding -- then she turned into a monster :o0 Yeah I feel sorry for anyone that's all alone on mothers day too. Last year we all went out for dinner and H2B paid for all the meals (so all 3 mothers could celebrate together) and that was fine but this year we just didnt have the money to do it with the wedding etc.
I think I did pick you up wrong there alright, my apologies :-8 Yes, my MIL was fine too (more or less) until I got pregnant.... now she repeatedly suggests that I never feed my son >:o( amongst other things.
LadyMary Posts: 1050
We went out for dinner and she was good yesterday always is when there is a crowd of us. My own poor mum only seen me for an hour yesterday as i was working and then i had to go for dinner with hubby and mil and fil. But everyday is mothers with me and my mum.
Mrs Beasley I know the feeling when it comes to babies and I think me and you have a lot in common because of the fact we have sons so MIL's tend to think that this baby will replace their precious sons that we robbed!! Im really sorry that you took me up wrong on what I said I should have phrased it better. I used to get told that my child was finished his bottle when there would be around 3oz left and I knew he would finish it cos after all I was with him 24/7 and he was draining full 9oz bottles. I even had to start him on solids early cos I couldnt keep up with him on bottles alone and MIL was trying to tell me he was full after 6oz O:| LadyMary my FMIl is the same when there is a crowd around. She acts really nice :eek My mam only got to see my for around an hour yday too but im like you I can see her everyday if I want as they only live around the corner