Menu

Miserable B2B

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

springmarch Posts: 15
I was out at the weekend with my H2b and lots of friends, one girl who i only really know through a good friend was there and very miserable and down. I started chatting about her impending wedding and she said she didnt want to talk about it and was dreading it etc. Later in the night following her having many drinks she started asking me about how my h2b proposed, about our wedding plans and how in love we looked. She spilled it all out that she was having second thoughts, didnt get along with her family, his family etc. She looked so desperate but said she cant talk to any of her good friends about it as she had trouble in the past with future husband and they advised her to leave him. My h2b was acting especially loved up that night and was affectionate etc which sparked off a few quiet tears from her. I didnt know what to say as i dont really know her that well. Should i tell my good friend about what she said or contact her directly, just thinking in the sober light of day would she tell me to f off!!!??
NowGone Posts: 8042
I think you should text her to ask how she is. It sounds like she really needs to talk to someone. I'd try to be there for her, but leave the ball in her court.
graceface Posts: 3632
Well first off fair play to you for caring. I know this would bother me aswell, I'd have to at least text her. Like NoZilla said, it sounds like she really needs someone to talk to, and in a way, I think having someone who's maybe not so close to her already might help - you could give a bit of much-needed objectivity, perhaps? You certainly won't have as many preconceived ideas about her relationship with the h2b as some of her close friends will. TBH everyone has their doubts at some point I'd say, but it sounds to me like she has a lot more than just a case of the pre-wedding jitters most people get. If she is actually at the point of tears watching another woman's h2b being affectionate (whether it's characteristic or not :o0 ), I would say there could be serious problems there. That's what it sounds like anyway. I'd say text her to see if she's ok, ask her if she's feeling any better maybe? Let her know that you don't mind talking to her about it anyway, so that she knows that if [i:2b5shnrn]she[/i:2b5shnrn] wants to talk, [i:2b5shnrn]you[/i:2b5shnrn] don't mind making yourself available. She's lucky to have met you anyway :wv
goldie. Posts: 1233
Yeah, I agree with Nozills and graceface and would text her. Whats the worst that can happen?
lolly77 Posts: 851
She spilled it all out that she was having second thoughts, didnt get along with her family, his family etc. She looked so desperate but said she cant talk to any of her good friends about it as she had trouble in the past with future husband and they advised her to leave him. I know this sounds mean but there is alot going on in her life, alot of drama! You dont know anything about her, Find out a bit about this girl first from your mate and then decide what to do!
Miss Indecisive Posts: 996
i would probably contact her to make sure she is ok, on the one hand she is probably regretting the outpouring of emotion, on the other, she is also probably relieved to have finally told someone. It's your call but I think she probably needs to talk, talking to an independent stranger is sometimes easier than talking to people close to you. If you dont feel up to talking to her yourself, maybe recommend somebody else outside of her family/friends she can talk to.