Menu

Mothers

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
can anyone suggest something that I can involve my mother
milis Posts: 7998
I shouldn't laugh, but I have a vision of your mother busily working on nothing :o0 I could do with one of these jobs for mine too -get her out from under my feet :o0
Mrstobe10 Posts: 1793
Anyway we must be able to come up with something!!??!!
BlushingB Posts: 1634
How about addressing envelopes, chasing up RSVPs, organising documentation from the church, just general stuff that's important but that you yourself don't have to do in person?
October_2007 Posts: 937
why dont you get her to research readings, prayers of the faithful, music for the church.
FunnyFace Posts: 225
Maybe the flowers - tell her exactly what you want, and then get her to chase florists, get prices etc.
Hepburn Posts: 4081
I asked my MIL for advice on things that made no difference to me either way. For instance I whittled the menu down to two or three choices per course that I really, really liked. She is an excellent cook so I let her choose the final menu. She felt very involved and I didn't mind what she chose as I had eliminated most things already. She loved it.... She is very religious so I sent her our readings and Prayers of the Faithful to look over. There are ways to do it without giving over control.