Menu

MY MOTHER - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

tinyfeet Posts: 3482
[quote="frillynickers":34m07ryv]my mams the same she also is the worst person to send a text to when you say /ask her something all she ever texts back is "ok" just "ok" its become a bit of a joke in our family at our stage as we're convinced she only knows how to work those two buttons![/quote:34m07ryv] OMG Frillyknickers, are your mother and my mother sisters?!! ha ha My Mom is the exact same & I used to always think she was being odd!! ha ha :o0
frillynickers Posts: 1765
[quote="kindanervous!":3pec7fce][quote="frillynickers":3pec7fce]my mams the same she also is the worst person to send a text to when you say /ask her something all she ever texts back is "ok" just "ok" its become a bit of a joke in our family at our stage as we're convinced she only knows how to work those two buttons![/quote:3pec7fce] OMG Frillyknickers, are your mother and my mother sisters?!! ha ha My Mom is the exact same & I used to always think she was being odd!! ha ha :o0[/quote:3pec7fce] I wouldnt mind but the woment is onky in her mmid/late 40's Ive said to her before but she doesnt get it, I just laugh when I get the "ok" now its kind of funny really
October_2007 Posts: 937
[quote:1nml7883]Sorry, anyway just rang to tell you that Joe Bloggs died last night and..what do you mean who's Joe Bloggs, you know Joe well, he's the 4th cousin of the milkman's sister-in-law's cat...and by the way the cat's not in great shape either[/quote:1nml7883] :o0 :o0 :o0 I think thats the funniest thing I have ever reaD :o0 :o0 :o0
JuliaItaly Posts: 922
[quote="October_2007":y2bikvat][quote:y2bikvat]Sorry, anyway just rang to tell you that Joe Bloggs died last night and..what do you mean who's Joe Bloggs, you know Joe well, he's the 4th cousin of the milkman's sister-in-law's cat...and by the way the cat's not in great shape either[/quote:y2bikvat] :o0 :o0 :o0 I think thats the funniest thing I have ever reaD :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:y2bikvat] :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 I often ring my mam to tell her something important and she starts talking about her mate's hip or something and I'm like did you hear me, oh ya I did and on again to something else! Either that or my dad is talking to her in the background while she is on the phone, then my reception goes and it's just confusion!! O:| O:| She's the best in the world though, wouldn't trade her for anything :lvs
scotswedding Posts: 2829
Laughing away here at the way your mams are. Mine is the same so I just have to laugh at her cos I'd go mad otherwise!! The talking about people and giving their entire family/medical history to about 2 generations. Texting but not changing the words on predictive text so it says the first word it spells and makes no sense. Used to drive me mad but she does it on purpose to me now so we both just have a giggle at it!! Love my mammy!! *)
mrsjun08 Posts: 2299
ha ha :o0 My Mom does that too, she just learnt predictive text recently so she's very pleased with herself. She was visiting her friend in Dublin who taught her how to use it. God love her, all this time and one of us would never have to patience to show her how to use predictive and then her friend teaches her and she's as proud as punch!
newyear09wife Posts: 899
girls just love and appreciate your mums for as long as you can ... there are so many of us who dont have our mums with us for whatever reasons and would love to have some of the conversations ye find tormentative.... next time you see her give your mum a great big hug and tell them how much ye love them :lvs O:o)
early days Posts: 691
[quote="October_2007":2onvvop2][quote:2onvvop2]Sorry, anyway just rang to tell you that Joe Bloggs died last night and..what do you mean who's Joe Bloggs, you know Joe well, he's the 4th cousin of the milkman's sister-in-law's cat...and by the way the cat's not in great shape either[/quote:2onvvop2] :o0 :o0 :o0 I think thats the funniest thing I have ever reaD :o0 :o0 :o0[/quote:2onvvop2] October_2007, I could sell out 7 nights in Vicar Street just repeating some of the conversations I have with her. What's the fascination with death anyway? I regularly get texts reading "Joe Bloggs RIP" and nothing else :eek And seriously half the time I dont know who she's talking about! I remember Tommy Tiernan doing a sketch about setting up a hotline for Irish mammies when they're on holidays so they can ring up and say "Tell me something terrible!" cos they'll be going through withdrawal symptoms not being filled in on the latest tragedies by other Irish mammies. I know, newyearbride, my dad's not around so it's not that I dont appreciate her. I'm sure my kids, if I ever have them, will say the same things about me, cos I probably will turn into her without realising it!
daisybabe Posts: 767
[quote="sweeties":1i7bwqxw]My mother works as a receptionist and often rings me from work and it goes like this My phone rings; Me:"Hello" Her: "Hi, can you hold?" WTF???? You rang me!! Cue dodgy phone music for a minute.... Her: "Sorry about that. Well, how are.....Sorry can you hold again?" Cue more dodgy phone music for a minute.... Her: "I'm back. So when are you...Oh hold on, sorry TOMMY CAN YOU TELL JIMMY THAT MARY'S HERE TO SEE HIM?? Sorry, anyway just rang to tell you that Joe Bloggs died last night and..what do you mean who's Joe Bloggs, you know Joe well, he's the 4th cousin of the milkman's sister-in-law's cat...and by the way the cat's not in great shape either. And so it goes on. Would avoid answering the calls but it comes up as private number and I always get caught O:|[/quote:1i7bwqxw] Oh my god, nearly pi**ed myself laughing :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 My Mam is exact same, goes like this: Mobile rings & I dont answer, 2 seconds later a text from mam "I just rang you" 10 seconds later another text "Are you not answering phone today? 10 mins later " Are you not answering texts today?" 5 mins later "Rang and texted you a couple of times." And this goes on and on arghhhhhhhhhhhhh O:| O:| O:| O:| O:|
OAT Posts: 2207
[quote="sweeties":3e9g3gbn]My mother works as a receptionist and often rings me from work and it goes like this My phone rings; Me:"Hello" Her: "Hi, can you hold?" WTF???? You rang me!! Cue dodgy phone music for a minute.... Her: "Sorry about that. Well, how are.....Sorry can you hold again?" Cue more dodgy phone music for a minute.... Her: "I'm back. So when are you...Oh hold on, sorry TOMMY CAN YOU TELL JIMMY THAT MARY'S HERE TO SEE HIM?? Sorry, anyway just rang to tell you that Joe Bloggs died last night and..what do you mean who's Joe Bloggs, you know Joe well, he's the 4th cousin of the milkman's sister-in-law's cat...and by the way the cat's not in great shape either. And so it goes on. Would avoid answering the calls but it comes up as private number and I always get caught O:|[/quote:3e9g3gbn] :yelrotflmaosmilie: :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0