Menu

MY MOTHER - Page 3

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

October_2007 Posts: 937
[quote:nlindlc7]October_2007, I could sell out 7 nights in Vicar Street[/quote:nlindlc7] Front row tickets for me please. :o0 :o0
lastminutebride Posts: 785
I love my mother, but she has problems picking a sentence and sticking with it. This isn't old age, or anything, she's always been like it. 'Hello, my darling! I saw the loveliest thing in town today, have you ever been to the shop where OH! do you know who I ran into?? I was telling her about you because her daughter went to Irish college in the same place as you, you know, and her hair looks gorgeous but I don't think it would really work with my colour, what do you think??' What I think is, basically, saywhat? [quote:cbzwxvll]What's the fascination with death anyway? [/quote:cbzwxvll] Omigod, yes!!! That's my husband's mother. She rings him up and goes: 'Guess who died?' For one thing, given that this opening covers anyone from Mary next door through Paul Newman, that game could go on for a loooong time. For another, it's not 'Remember Joe Schmo?', not 'Guess what happened to Joe Schmo?' - it's 'Guess who died?' It's not even about Joe. It's all about THE DEADNESS. My husband doesn't get quite why I find this so bizarro.
minnielulu Posts: 358
:o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 LOVE this thread, every single one of these could be my mother! How can they all be so alike, and more shockingly are we all going to turn into them :eek I actually work with my mam so we see each other in work every day except Fridays which she doesn't work. Her classic is she'll ring my office on a Friday and ask "Where are you?" O:| O:| O:| O:| THINK mother, what number did you just dial!!!!! Tonight just took the biscuit, I called in to say hello and she was running around trying to calm the cats down who where going a bit stir crazy with the fireworks. She picked up the most nervous cat and held him (against his wishes) really tightly on her lap saying "its ok, your ok, calm down, dont mind them fireworks" So she's there really trying to soothe the cat and calm him down when my mobile rings on the chair beside her :o0 Poor cat didn't stand a chance, she launched him in the air and jumped up herself doing a big panicky oh my god that frightened the life out of me :o0 :o0