Menu

oooohhh nooo my friend wants us to date(each other).........

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lovindis Posts: 642
In a nut shell: Been best friends for donkeys years, grew up together. Had a little kiss 100years ago nothing at all to get excited over. We were out sat night and he asked me would i go out for a meal with him. I didnt really no what to say so kinda shuffled and walked away. He has just text me asking me again. Ive no interest in him like that but dont want to ruin a friendship so need to get out of it in a nice way.. Ugh what to do, what to do!!!!!! EDIT: It was an actual date he asked me on not a friends dinner, aplogies if not clear
blissful2b Posts: 1555
eh could you possibly be reading into this a little toooooooooo much?? you've known each other for ages, you are friends and he asks you to dinner..... what gives you the idea from that he wants to date you??? have you never been out to dinner with a friend platonically?
[quote="blissful2b":13elj517]eh could you possibly be reading into this a little toooooooooo much?? you've known each other for ages, you are friends and he asks you to dinner..... what gives you the idea from that he wants to date you??? have you never been out to dinner with a friend platonically?[/quote:13elj517] Because he asked me out on a date!! Sorry if i didnt hightlight that fact. No need to be so agressive!
monkeybear Posts: 1926
Just be honest with him, tell him the truth about how you feel, theres no reason you cant still go for dinner but make it clear beforehand it just as friends
blissful2b Posts: 1555
that wasn't being aggressive....you didn't mention anyhting about him asking you officially on a date only a friend asking you for dinner. relax!
[quote="monkeybear":1qxebsm7]Just be honest with him, tell him the truth about how you feel, theres no reason you cant still go for dinner but make it clear beforehand it just as friends[/quote:1qxebsm7] Thanks monkeybear, im not good with saying no to date offers i feel guilty so its ten times worse when its a friend!!! Im just afraid that it will effect a long friendship.
monkeybear Posts: 1926
yeah i know its not very nice to have to do, but if you really dont like him in that way and you really do value him as a friend then you need to do this and talk to him preferably to his face, i know its hard but like i said if he means so much to you, you owe it to him
LM24 Posts: 932
Just let him know that you are happy with how things are and just want to stay friends. Its going to be embarrassing for a while but you cant go on a date if you dont feel that way about him, so rather than lead him on by trying to be nice, you have to try and let him down gently before it drags on any longer.
[quote="blissful2b":bxag5pf0]that wasn't being aggressive....you didn't mention anyhting about him asking you officially on a date only a friend asking you for dinner. relax![/quote:bxag5pf0] Sorry bout the shortness of my responce. i spoke to my friend about it and her answer was sur hes loaded give it a go. So i took frustration out on you. Apologies.... :-8
Cappuccino Posts: 124
I married a mate... We're best friends and make a really fantastic couple. But we both fancied the pants off each other. If you dont actually fancy this fella at all, make it clear you're friends and that's it!