Menu

Over?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Monica Geller Posts: 161
H2B told me the other day that he doesn't see us together anymore. That we have just become friends and that he loves me but hes not in love with me. I am so so so sad. I don't know what to do with myself. My heart is broken.
JuliaItaly Posts: 922
I'm so so sorry for you. :o( Had you noticed a change in the relationship? Has he said what he wants to do? Have you spoken to friends? I hope you are ok. :xox
Hi Julia, we talked it over and he wants to finish. Well I suppose we have finished. Its killin me to look at my phone and not text him, or call him. Things were going through a bit of a rough patch, but nothing major and nothing we haven't dealt with before. He was telling me he loved me right to the end and then just dropped this on me. I'm so heartbroken. It came out of nowhere. I've told my friends and they are being great but they are all as shocked as me. I can't eat or sleep and feel I'm gona vomit all the time.
woohoo09 Posts: 630
really sorry to hear that. take care of you. xx :thnk
Did you live together? Is it completely over or are ye still talking? The hardest thing I found when I broke up with my last ex was that he was still unsure as to whether to finish it, he basically played with my emotions for ages and the problem was that I loved him and I let him do it. If I've any advice it would be to finalise it if it's over, cut contact, move out etc. It's horrible, it's dramatic and painful but I promise you, it's the only way to lessen the pain in the longer term. My heart goes out to you so much. :o( [quote="Monica Geller":2gt487or]Hi Julia, we talked it over and he wants to finish. Well I suppose we have finished. Its killin me to look at my phone and not text him, or call him. Things were going through a bit of a rough patch, but nothing major and nothing we haven't dealt with before. He was telling me he loved me right to the end and then just dropped this on me. I'm so heartbroken. It came out of nowhere. I've told my friends and they are being great but they are all as shocked as me. I can't eat or sleep and feel I'm gona vomit all the time.[/quote:2gt487or]
missi moo moo Posts: 1700
Very sorry to hear that be good to yourself
Suebabe Posts: 553
You Poor thing i hope you feel better soon :xox :xox
mamajen Posts: 2263
really sorry to hear that. Take care of yourself.
[quote="JuliaItaly"]Did you live together? Is it completely over or are ye still talking? The hardest thing I found when I broke up with my last ex was that he was still unsure as to whether to finish it, he basically played with my emotions for ages and the problem was that I loved him and I let him do it. If I've any advice it would be to finalise it if it's over, cut contact, move out etc. It's horrible, it's dramatic and painful but I promise you, it's the only way to lessen the pain in the longer term. My heart goes out to you so much. :o( His first thing was that he wanted to go on a break, I said that was bull, breaks don't work and I won't sit beside the phone waiting for him to text or call. So it is a breakup. We have cut contact but I'll have to see him to get my stuff, my friends say they'll get it but I won't do that, I'm not going to be ashamed. I just think I'll be so upset when I do see him. All my friends think that he will regret it but I don't think I can be here for him if he does. I just can't do it. We rent together but the lease was nearly up and we were due to move in somewhere else but nothing has signed. I've moved home to my parents house. I've just given up so much for him and can't believe he's done this too me.
There is nothing at all shameful about letting your friends get your stuff. I really think it would be better you didn't see him. You have nothing to be ashamed of at all in this, nothing. The best thing you can do now is hold your head up high and be strong, go about getting on with your life. Maybe he will regret it and maybe he won't but you have to just look after you now. I know it's the old cliches being rolled out but you know, they are actually true. Only you know if a break would work or not. Sometimes they can work if there is something to save but I'm sure you have considered this...