Menu

Personal Q , looking for advice!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

chirpy07 Posts: 75
Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice...BF works away a good bit & has got into this craze of wanting to exchanging pics of ourselves when hes away....We are not together all that long so maybe hes always been into this....im just not that comfortable with it....am i a prude or do you most couples do this?I have never done it with previous partners.........
monkeybear Posts: 1926
I dont think you should do something you're not comfortable with and he shouldnt force you to either. just be true to yourself
livadia Posts: 351
[quote="chirpy07":29m2h8gm]Hi guys, just looking for a bit of advice...BF works away a good bit & has got into this craze of wanting to exchanging pics of ourselves when hes away....We are not together all that long so maybe hes always been into this....im just not that comfortable with it....am i a prude or do you most couples do this?I have never done it with previous partners.........[/quote:29m2h8gm] chirpy07, You don't say these photos are "intimate" ones, but I'm guessing that's what you're talking about. I agree with monkeybear. If this is something that you're not comfortable with and feels like a betrayal to the kind of person you are, don't do it. Your b/f might be disappointed, but if he truly loves you he wouldn't want you to feel bad about yourself or your relationship, and he'll get over it, soon enough. HTH, Livadia
chirpy07 Posts: 75
yes, intimate....maybe its the norm in some relationships, and i should get with it.........
contented Posts: 2625
[quote="chirpy07":1d8b1rii]yes, intimate....maybe its the norm in some relationships, and i should get with it.........[/quote:1d8b1rii] i wouldnt think this is the norm and if you are uncomfortable then you shouldnt get with it. its up to you but if you're not 100% happy then dont do it. once its taken and sent you'll never EVER get it back
HoneyBee1973 Posts: 795
Hi Chirpy, As the other posters said, it is your decision, but think very carefully about it. How would you feel if someone other than your BF saw one of the photos? I have to agree especially with what Contented said. You can never be 100% sure that these photos will not be accessed by anyone else. If a friend of your BFs innocently went to look something up on that laptop or phone.......how would you feel? I'm sure your BF would be very understanding if you told him you felt uncomfortable and didnt want to go ahead with it. HTH. *)
babs78 Posts: 194
If you haven't been with bf that long DON'T DO IT! What happens if worse comes to worse and you split up and he'll still have the photos? Only do what you feel comfy with x
laceylegs Posts: 307
No Way ! why would you send intimate pics of yourself to someone where you have no control over who sees them. Also, I'd be a bit worried about a guy that wanted to send me photos of his private parts. Just imagining that photo shoot would creep me out...
Lucille-Bluth Posts: 1145
If youre both into it and you trust him ([u:11nqsfhx][b:11nqsfhx]A LOT[/b:11nqsfhx][/u:11nqsfhx]) then no harm, but if you dont want to do it then dont. However, if you DO go ahead you'd want to be effin certain he's not down the pub sharing said photos with his mates! Also, as soon as he is back home you need to make sure all the photos get destroyed or are handed back to you - can you IMAGINE breaking up with someone down the line that had possession of nudey photos of you? You'd want to make sure that any break up was mighty amicable otherwise![/u]
yummy chocolate Posts: 56
Please dont do it, unless you were years together and 100 percent certain that you can trust him I wouldn't advise it, even then i wouldnt, you just dont know whats going to happen...