Menu

So where/how did you meet your other half?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

specs Posts: 45
Just thought this thread might bring back some nice memories about how you meet your other half :xxx ....hopefully :o0 So spill ladies....
overthemoon! Posts: 1479
in a club at 10 to 2 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
mentalrebel Posts: 1603
at work!!!
lovindis Posts: 642
Hopefully ill meet him tonight!!!!!! :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
scotswedding Posts: 2829
I always knew him but we got talking one night in a club. He rang me afterwards and walked me home and it went on from there... Not exactly distinctive but sure can't change these things and wouldn't anyway! One of the older posters on here has the best meeting up story from moving into a new apartment! Hope there's a few more like that with the newer posters! :lvs
lovindis Posts: 642
[quote="scotswedding":ttf4zvlk]I always knew him but we got talking one night in a club. He rang me afterwards and walked me home and it went on from there... Not exactly distinctive but sure can't change these things and wouldn't anyway! One of the older posters on here has the best meeting up story from moving into a new apartment! Hope there's a few more like that with the newer posters! :lvs[/quote:ttf4zvlk] Did you not fancy him till then???
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
We met in the library. God, I feel like such a nerd! :-8
angel3 Posts: 1572
Kilkenny we where down for a friends birthday! Turned out he only lived 20 mins away from me never seen him before in my life! :hyper:
myself Posts: 192
He was my friends solicitor for years, and she always was saying "I think you'd really love my solicitor", but given our very different taste in men I said no. Then when I was buying my house with a friend (huge mistake excpet for the outcome!), I needed a solicitor. We had one quick phone call which I followed up on email, and by the 3rd reply it turned into massive flirting. After week 2 we started texting too, and then we met on week 3 for a business meeting, aka a dinner date, and that was it. It was love at first sight.
scotswedding Posts: 2829
[quote="lovindis":todh0fds][quote="scotswedding":todh0fds]I always knew him but we got talking one night in a club. He rang me afterwards and walked me home and it went on from there... Not exactly distinctive but sure can't change these things and wouldn't anyway! One of the older posters on here has the best meeting up story from moving into a new apartment! Hope there's a few more like that with the newer posters! :lvs[/quote:todh0fds] Did you not fancy him till then???[/quote:todh0fds] I fancied him from afar from an inappropriate age! He's 5 years younger than me so I just kinda thought he was too young for me. I wasn't into having a boyfriends anyway so just didn't give him much thought in that respect. He was always someone we (me + friends) all commented on when we were talking about good looking guys so yes I defo fancied him!