Menu

Tips!

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ilovetoast Posts: 2267
Ok girls so between us all here were a fountain of knowledge... lets share our relationship tips, tricks etc that we feel help keep the flame blazing.... I try not to go to bed angry, i want to sort anything out at that moment... Do something randomly nice for him, maybe a nice head massage or something... :lvs
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
Great thread!!! I usually sleep naked....even when were having little arguments. That usually sorts things out >:o) :action31 Back tickles....he loves 'em I do all the cooking in my house and sometimes i try new things which are georgous. He sees that as me treating both of us. I suppose just makeing the effort goes along way.
Pricetag Posts: 1306
Laugh. A lot! We laugh everyday, at the stupidest things but it makes me happy! We are like 2 12 year olds sometimes but I love that he brings the kid in me out :lvs Also naked hugs >:o)
stillwaiting4 Posts: 48
I agree with the laughter. We laugh every day, and we always have silly playful moments in bed before we go to sleep. I love it, I love how i always end the day happy no matter how rubbish it's been. He likes how I help him with computer stuff, and organise things for him, and I like how he cooks for me. If i want to treat him I will cook for him (not sure its much of a treat as I'm not very good) but he appreciates the effort. I think whats most important is we don't dwell on arguments. Its rare we argue, but when we do, we might be in a huff for about an hour and then one of us will make tea, have a quick kiss a hug, and without saying anything we are happy again. I think brewing over silly little arguments is what drives a lot of people apart - its important to realise that most of it is petty insignificant little details, and as long as your not arguing about something life changing, its not worth wasting time on.
Jawl Posts: 8881
A bit of laughter, a bit of loving, and a lot of respect everyday :)
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
I would 100% agree, Laughter and respect are the fundamentals We can't take anything seriously....even when i ask him what he wants for dinner....the rudest of words about wanting me for dinner comes outta his mouth it's hilarious. We always joking and playing around. We've laughed so much over the past 6 years sinse being with him.... Awwwww i'm feelin the lurve :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs :xox :lvs
kandifloss Posts: 347
I heard something nice which I thought made sense- it was from the woman on the cookery program Barefoot Contessa on Food Network. She has been married since college and shes in her 50s I think but she said people ask her whats the secret and she said "its simple, I want him to be happy and he wants me to be happy" Thought it was nice and so true. It really is as simple as that. I find being respectful to each other is key and never fighthing about things like money. hate when I hear couples saying things to each other like "no thats my money, I paid for this bill last time etc etc" Just my opinion
lux Posts: 6270
I love to cook and he loves to eat! Also, I try not to get angry when he doesn't notice those little household things that need to be done-I am probably too fussy so if I want everything perfect that's up to me to sort out.
Urban Fairy Posts: 3987
Hugs.. lots and lots of lovely bear hugs. When I come home from work I know I've a lovely one waiting for me. This sounds silly, but we always make an effort with our pleases and thank you's. I think if it gets to a point you've been handed a dinner by your partner and you say nothing, or grunt, thats a bad sign. Kiss before work (a peck not a snog). So simple and I love it.
Pricetag Posts: 1306
[quote="DublinAngel":24ot8it8]Hugs.. lots and lots of lovely bear hugs. When I come home from work I know I've a lovely one waiting for me. This sounds silly, but we always make an effort with our pleases and thank you's. I think if it gets to a point you've been handed a dinner by your partner and you say nothing, or grunt, thats a bad sign. Kiss before work (a peck not a snog). So simple and I love it.[/quote:24ot8it8] You could be us!! Always a kiss before and after work, and before we go asleep! Definitely agree about the hugs and the pleases and thank you's! It's nice to be nice as my nanny used to say!