Menu

... - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

pictureperfect Posts: 7
*Lexi* Posts: 2600
im sorry if this might seem harsh but i would cut my losses and get rid of him to be honest i mean this is the THIRD time something like this has happened-you've told him that this upsets you but yet he keeps doing it?this man has no respect for you and u deserve so much better there are so many women on WOL who are putting up with so much crap from their partners -are they afraid to be alone?is it the embaressment of others knowing?to be honest id rather be a left on the shelf spinster than to marry a man that hurts me constantly
Forgottenpassword Posts: 1078
Now your story makes a lot more sense - sorry, I am not trying to drag it out of you, but, the fact that you have talked about it before and that this is not the first time for something like this to happen explains why you are feeling like you do. I would be annoyed if DH joined facebook and did not add me to be honest, in fact I would be furious!! I hope you sort something out, I know you said you did some course that shows you are perfect together, but, to be honest in my opinion there is no such thing as a perfect relationship, all relationships need work to keep them great and if we stop working at them and think they will look after themselves that is when things can go wrong. Maybe you need to talk to him about what is bothering you and why. He cannot go back in time and change the fact that he cheated on you, but, you can change the way you are currently dealing with it. FP
Jawl Posts: 8881
Lexi talks a lot of sense
whitedaisy Posts: 761
does he realise the extent to which this affects you so much so that you are considering calling off the wedding. my other half is friends with his ex's on face book and I have to say it dosnt bother me one bit...but I trust him 100%. maybe it bothers you so much because he has been unfaitful to you before. IMO he is bein a disrespectful to you, especially if you have told him befor ethat it bothers you. I think you should sit down and have a serios chat with him, explain to him that it really bothers and that its making you doubt your futur together. hope you can jwork thing out for the best :lvs
curliwurli Posts: 3369
[url:1tenon2k]http://www.switched.com/2009/01/23/man-kills-wife-for-changing-facebook-status-to-single/[/url:1tenon2k] sorry, couldn't resist >:o)
jellywellies Posts: 2268
lol @ curly wurly!! In my opinion (its just mine) if you go looking for something you generally will find something - it may be good or bad. In my previous experience I know I've went looking for things and then totally over-reacted to things and took them the wrong way. (caused by bebo & facebook!) If I was you, I'd change your relationship to engaged to your other half and he has the choice to accept ot (I think) take it from there. But you need to sort it out petal as it's not worth all the headache its causing u.
pictureperfect Posts: 7
blissful2b Posts: 1555
good woman. you need to get those sorted first and foremost. have you spoken to a counsellor?
ohsotired Posts: 7071
I'm friends with a couple of my exes on Facebook - we never chat on it etc so for me the fact that he is friends with them wouldn't bother me!! It does seem like you have issues trusting him - make sure you deal with these and are able to move on from them before you get married!