Menu

update on upset hubby

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
hi i posted few weeks back on my h2b being out of work and depressed well he went for an interview last week, he has never done an interview before so i prepped him and updated cv etc.. the guy from interview rang today.. he got the job!! its not great money but its more than the dole and he gets out of the house!! im soo happy for him!although there is a downside!i wont get to see him as much!has anyone else affected by unemployment become closer to partner?maybe its me!we were worried about this months mortgage repayment but we were still like teenagers with each other laughing and having fun (my dd felt a little left out bless her!!) anyway just a good news post and here is some good luck dust for everyone that needs it!! ****************** :o0 :wv
theoracle Posts: 7664
Very pleased for you, great news. Many couples find these are very testing times when the finances are tight, it is good that you and your DH managed to sail through it.
2009 Bride Posts: 990
Congrats on the good news, it's nice to hear a bit for a change instead of all the depressing talk at the moment.
aston Posts: 4100
Am very very happy for you 2773bride! Ye must be over the moon! Great to hear good news and glad to hear yourself and DH getting on very well! Happy for you :wv
gottabfp Posts: 5641
after reading your post a few weeks ago, i became more aware of h2b mental state ifykwim! i cant elieve how close we have gotten since he has been out of work. its crazy, just shows how much you love someone when they are at their lowest you join them and help them up :lvs
Boomerang Gal Posts: 714
so nice to hear some good news and great to see that couples will stick together thru anything! You guys sound liek you have all you need for A long and happy marriage :xox
Trixy3 Posts: 2041
I am delighted for ye...long may the happiness last :thnk
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
thanks for your post girls xx
joker Posts: 2789
Congrats... you must be delightedGood to hear some good news!!!
Serendipity2009 Posts: 1224
That is great news, it is so good in the middle of all this recession bullshit to have good news for a change. Well done to your h2b. I have been clinging to my h2b since I have been out of work, it is cos I don't really see anyone else in the day, so it is lovely to see him coming home and he has been really good to me taking on loads of the bills and making sure I am ok. He has been really sweet. I know myself though I am definitely getting depressed and fed up with everything and everyone. If I didn't have my wedding to plan I would have cracked up altogether. This site has been brilliant for getting my mind off stuff and for having a bit of company during the day, so thanks girlies O-O