Menu

What age did you get engaged/married at? - Page 8

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Ladybirds Posts: 445
Started going out together at 18 (H2B was 20) got engaged at 23 (H2B was 24), bougt our house and moved in together the same year and we're getting married in 11 weeks, a couple of weeks after my 26th birthday and my new hubbie is 27. Maybe a little young for some people (H2B's family) but we're very very very happy :)
Ladybirds Posts: 445
Started going out together at 18 (H2B was 20) got engaged at 23 (H2B was 24), bougt our house and moved in together the same year and we're getting married in 11 weeks, a couple of weeks after my 26th birthday and my new hubbie is 27. Maybe a little young for some people (H2B's family) but we're very very very happy :)
summer daisy Posts: 1336
Engaged at 29.. married at 30.. 1st baby at 31.. second baby at 32. Been a busy few years!! SD
jenr Posts: 313
This is a great topic because I also thought I was very young but judging by this mid twenties is the average?!, got engaged on my 18th birthday and getting married Ill be 25 (we had a 7 year plan and even though alot changed we will still make the 7 years!! h2b will be 26
chicette Posts: 16
Got engaged at 30. Will be 1 mth off 32 when married. Together 10 years!
honeypot2010 Posts: 1500
With h2b over 6 yrs. Engaged at 21 Getting married nxt yr, will ne nearly 25 :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
LMR Posts: 1925
28 getting engaged, 29 (two months shy of 30) getting married. Together nearly 4 years when we got married
Welsh goddess Posts: 370
I was 26 when I got engaged and will be nearly 28 when we get married. We will be 4 yrs together on the day of our wedding. However I was with a guy before I met H2B and I knew in my heart I would never stay with him. We had a baby together. Getting pregnant wasnt planned but I wouldnt change a thing cos I have a beautiful daughter now and wouldnt change her for the world. I met H2B before I split up with the ex and knew straight away he was the one I would spend the rest of my life with. After 2 months together we spoke about marriage and always said we would get married in 2010 on our 4 yr anniversary and that is exactly what we are doing. After 6 months together we moved in together, after 2 yrs we had our first baby and got engaged and then 4yrs our wedding day (and a honeymoon baby :o)ll )
ms organised Posts: 1069
I got engaged at 23 and I'll be 24 getting married later in the year. H2B is 30 and we're together 6 years. I hate it when people say I'm very young getting married - I mean if it was against the flipping law to get married at this age then it wouldn't be legal. Everyone is different and want different things in life. Sorry for the rant but it really annoys me... O:| >:o(
florence2008 Posts: 27
Engaged at 24 married 7months later at 25. Together 2 years in May! Whirlwind or what! Hubby is 38.....couldnt be happier :xox