Menu

What do you do together

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

The Contented Little Mummy Posts: 600
Hi all just wondering what everyone likes to do with their other halfs ??. Is it going to the cinema, going out for a meal, going for a drink, shopping on a holiday or simply just watching tv? What do you enjoying doing together??
shobie Posts: 1437
We dont get much time together as he works ALOT, but when we do we just like to relax with dd, maybe do some shopping, watching tv, walking on the beach or taking a drive. We like cooking nice meals and having nice wine together. Thats it really. Makes us sound very boring but we love the precious time we do get together so just relax as a family, especially since dd came along 5 mths ago.
marianf Posts: 5845
We don't go out drinking very often but do like to go out for a nice meal. TBH I don't care what we do, as long as we spend time together. Sometimes watching tv in conversation or silence is just great!
hunky_dorey Posts: 2714
[quote="marianf":3lvtln61] TBH I don't care what we do, as long as we spend time together. Sometimes watching tv in conversation or silence is just great![/quote:3lvtln61] I agree!! We don't really "do" much together, he works away a lot, and then if we're out doing different things, i look forward t just chilling watchin tv and relaxing together!
The Contented Little Mummy Posts: 600
so true girls, it is lovely just sitting and spending time together in each others company because in this day and age u can sometimes feel like you have to be doing something together (ie spening money and doing something together). Nights on the sofa in front of the telly are one of my fav things to do together
newmammy2011 Posts: 1255
What a lovely thread. H2B and I love our time together. We will go out for a nice meal. We both love the cinema. Other times we will watch tv together. Play Wii together which is a laugh, watch dvds. We also go to irish classes together which is a great social atmosphere. Go out walking as well. TBH it will sound soppy but we love our time together whatever we are doing.
mrstobe09 Posts: 875
Pretty much the same as you guys. We enjoy going out for meals or to the cinema. We both love to travel and have gone on some amazing holidays together. We also enjoy horse racing and gaa. But there's nothing like a nice evening in together on the sofa just watching telly or a dvd.
littlemisshopeful Posts: 6101
We mostly watch tv too, when he can tear himself away from his computer! We go out for the occasional meal, or occasional visit to my parents or my friends. Very occasionally to the cinema, cos we have different tastes there most of the time, although there are one or two out now we both want to see.
LadyBug Posts: 545
Depends if we have money or not!! lol.... Also what time of year it is!! That sounds really strange but in winter we like to spend more time at home, light the fire, candles and cook a nice meal or get a take away, have a few drinks and maybe rent a dvd? (X Factor if its a Saturday night though!!) Also love going out for meals together, trying different restaurants etc..would do that more so than go out to the pub together, going to comedy gigs and a firm favourite is long walks with our dog especially on a sunday morning (usually to the beach or Phoenix Park) and have a good chat! :wv
pickens Posts: 205
yip we're the same... we stay in a lot, neither of us drink and when we do go out it's usually to the theatre, cinema or for dinner... but we love curling up on sofa to watch dvds in front of the fire :) it's the simple things ... and boy is my h2b simple :) :o0 :o0 :o0 ... only joking!!! God he'd kill me if he read that!!! :o0 :o0