Menu

What is love?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

keem Posts: 64
And how do you know you are in love? Feeling really confused at the moment. O:| Don't know if I should call off the wedding or not? I'm so scared I won't be able to walk up the aisle on the day. Please help. O:| O:|
feb08bride Posts: 656
Don't have anything really to say i just didn't want to not reply. Have you a close friend you could talk to about this. When are you geting married, maybe its just the usual jitters and the pressure of all the organising, some people cope with it all better than others and maybe you are just feeling a bit overwhlemed is it just the walking down the aisle you are terrifed of, rememberthe wedding day is just one day. what you must focus on is how you feel when you think of a marriage rather then a wedding, if i'm making any sense at all!!!
Mrs2babridesoon Posts: 3319
Hi keem, I know I ask myself these questions too. I think I really found/find it hard to realise that the magic and fireworks of the first year of being in love is gone but I relaise what we have now is a different type of love and in so many ways its so much better! But I miss the excitment the fireworks and that constant need to be always with my h2b that I used to have in those early days. that make any sense? :wv
mini mama Posts: 834
I think its feelings that move on to the next level,at the start its butterflies and excitement and trying to please each other and then as you get to know each other its a deeper trust,understandng and ability to talk and laugh and support each other...sometmes people get habit confused with love....also i think love is not needing someone but actually wanting them....i was in a long term relatinship and it became mundane and habit and platonic almost...whereas with h2b we have a deeper understanding and trust and friendship and respect....the pre marriage course covered some of this stuff and it ended up being a lovely day telling your partner why you loved them and what you liked about them and what u didnt like about them and how you felt around them etc...i really think its a great way of re motivating you and why your gettng married...maybe its worth going over your pre marriage booklet if you've already done the course and re assure yourself of your feelings....if you've doubts you should be able to air them cos you need to be able to talk wihtout being judged or cut down...hope this helps a bit..
TAZ DEVIL Posts: 1706
3 little words..... you just know. after the honeymoon phase is over you wont have the butterflies your heart wont skip a beat when he walks in the room, but when you look at him when he is engrossed in the STUPID footie and think awh i couldnt imagine life my without him in it..... you just know.
WeddingBelle2011 Posts: 503
I think you are just having jitters.. aswell as that a relationship is like a rollercoaster, it has it's ups and downs.. all i can say to you is that can you see your life without him and being happy that he is not there. More than anything be honest with yourself. It could be that because everything is probably about getting married.. ye are not taking some time with each other. Have a nice meal together and look him straight in the eye.. and say to yourself.. can I live without this man.. only you will know the answer. :lvs
capricorn04 Posts: 527
[quote="2773bride":2vvblymk]3 little words..... you just know. after the honeymoon phase is over you wont have the butterflies your heart wont skip a beat when he walks in the room, but when you look at him when he is engrossed in the STUPID footie and think awh i couldnt imagine life my without him in it..... you just know.[/quote:2vvblymk] you said it!!!
JuliaItaly Posts: 922
I remember having a dilemna a long time ago about love and whether someone was the one. This might sound ridiculous but someone said to me, "if you were dying, do you want him by your side"? The answer to that question was all I needed to know. True love is on a deep fundamental level. As another poster said, you just know.
Icarus Posts: 189
I believe Prince Charles asked a similar question shortly after announcing his and Di's engagement and look how that turned out.
Rubyrose Posts: 5522
[quote="stewie2b":3dcixn77][quote="2773bride":3dcixn77]3 little words..... you just know. after the honeymoon phase is over you wont have the butterflies your heart wont skip a beat when he walks in the room, but when you look at him when he is engrossed in the STUPID footie and think awh i couldnt imagine life my without him in it..... you just know.[/quote:3dcixn77] you said it!!![/quote:3dcixn77] I agree too!