Menu

When did you realise..

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hagfromhell Posts: 2146
.. that you loved him? Just curious, we were together quite a long time before I actually realised I really really loved him. I always thought I loved him but it was when his father passed away that I truly understood my feelings for him :-8
oshkosh Posts: 130
Straight away!!!! :lvs :lvs :lvs Thought that he had charm, a great personality and made me laugh! He was the 1st man i ever met to have those three traits...!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
sillymoo Posts: 337
i think we were together a short while and whatever way he looked at me i thought omg im totally in love with you and he must ahve felt the same cos he just blurted it out lol bless him
GAA Fan Posts: 629
I knew about 3/4 weeks into the relationship, but thought will not say anything, but amazing that week-end he told me he loved me.
LadyMary Posts: 1050
I knew straight away too, it felt so different and even thought i was young when we met I knew i wanted to share everything with him.
BusyDee Posts: 8527
After about 2 weeks!!! :lvs :lvs :lvs
Mayeston Posts: 315
My friends sister lost her baby and she was due to have it in a matter of weeks. For soem reason it hit me so hard but liek usual i just bottle it up. He rang me that night and i was in bed and he knew i sounded off and i told him i was in bed already (8.30pm on a sat) and he was asking me to go over to a party (we're neighbours) and when i told him what had happened he asked me why i hadn't rang him. Told me that being there for me was his job and that I'm the person that comes before anything in his life so to never think i was bothering him. This was about 8 wks into the relationship a i think and i finally realised what i had. The day i knew i'd marry him was last xmas eve when he got up at 6am to get on a train with me to limerick to get a puppy for my mam whose dog had passed away 2 weeks prior and who was still uncontrollable. It made my entire family's Christmas!
MrsWhippy09 Posts: 2346
I knew straight away that he was the one. :lvs When we went on our first date, it felt like we were the only two people in the bar that night and we chatted non stop, which is very unusual for me as I'm quite shy around people I don't know. He told me two weeks later that he loved me and that I was his honey. :lvs I still get goosebumps when I remember it. :-8 He made me feel like the most special person in the world to him even on our first date and he still does.
tootsy Posts: 779
i new the first night we kissed! he was supposed to leave the country the following day, so i was so surprised to get a call at work the following day to say he couldn't leave without me that was 7 years ago and he hasn't looked back
rubies Posts: 1375
I was crazy about him from the first day I met him but nothing happened until 5 years later. I told him I loved him way before he said it back but once he did get around to saying it there was no stopping him and he tells me at least 10 times a day that he loves me now.