Menu

Whos Paying?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

overthemoon! Posts: 1479
hello,just wondering how everyone is splitting the cost of their wedding? parents donations aside are you and fiance splitting the cost of everything including deposits 50/50? :thnk
Boulevard Posts: 995
We are trying, and failing. H2B has paid the deposit on most things, which he threw back in my face recently during a row. He earns almost 3 times as much as me so he had to at the time. as I did not have the funds. We will have to get a loan for the remainder, as we have not saved anything. I feel under immense pressure now to try and "prove myself" by saving a bit on my own for the wedding. I don't know if I even want a wedding now TBH, and look at my bloody ticker. Its more hassle then its worth. H2B doesnt know why we are getting married. I explained that we love each other and its a commitment. He said we love each other anyways, we dont have to get married to know that, and we have already committed to each other. He said are we doing it to sae face, if we didnt have to tell everyone the wedding was off would we still do it? I don't know what to do. Sorry to hijack the thread but its just all come out now :o(
MrsTiredbride Posts: 3397
Yes we are splitting the costs. We're saving at the moment and savings are going into a bank account so that we can pay from that.
mollyeile Posts: 2486
Splitting it 50/50
joer Posts: 1617
h2b pays the mortgage, insurances etc, I do bills and shopping which means I generally have more to save then he has, we each save in the CU as we dont want to get into debt for the wedding, we're together that long (nearly 9 years) thats his is mine and mine is his.........
cremebrulee Posts: 8546
50/50 with deposits. We have a savings account for the wedding too and h2b earns a lot more than me so he puts more into that than i can.
aylala Posts: 3673
[quote="joeyjay":pcxykdfi]h2b pays the mortgage, insurances etc, I do bills and shopping which means I generally have more to save then he has, we each save in the CU as we dont want to get into debt for the wedding, we're together that long (nearly 9 years) thats his is mine and mine is his.........[/quote:pcxykdfi] We were the same worked out fine :lvs
love struck Posts: 1125
sheehy Both our parents gave us generous wedding gifts but tbh we still had a large amount to pay for the wedding.. Honestly, I never really thought about it from a 50/50 perspective we paid as we needed to for deposits etc so whoever had it on the day. We have a joint account, we dont put all our wages in it but the majority in it so everything is paid out of that. We rarely go down the 50/50 route as we share everything we have... *) *)
wouldntseemeinameringue Posts: 777
Yes, we are splitting it 50/50 and paying for everything ourselves
sweet cheeks Posts: 1119
I just usually grab his cheque book for any deposits needed, we dont have a joint acc yet till were married but we share everything.