Your deposit/booking fee will be guaranteed in the event of supplier failure (*T&Cs Apply – See below)
In order to have your deposit/booking fee guaranteed, you must simply submit details of the Wedding Supplier / Wedding Venue you have booked at www.weddingsonline.ie/deposit-guarantee.
Why should you use the weddingsonline Deposit Guarantee scheme?
When planning your wedding, you will have a budget in mind and you probably will not have dealt with any of these wedding suppliers previously, there is a lot to plan and it is good to know that your deposit is safe with weddingsonline featured suppliers. We also recommend that you check our reviews and ask for feedback in the HIGM Facebook group.
How much is guaranteed?
weddingsonline will guarantee up to €1000.00 for deposits or booking fees paid to weddingsonline featured venues. For all our other featured suppliers, weddingsonline will guarantee up to €500.00
Can I register deposits or booking fees paid earlier than now to weddingsonline featured supplier?
Yes, weddingsonline will cover deposits and booking fees paid from the 1st January 2013, but you have to fill in the form for each service booked
Do I pay weddingsonline?
No, just tell us who you have booked and we will do the rest!
Is this my own wedding insurance?
No, this is not a wedding insurance policy, this is
weddingsonline backing our featured suppliers & providing peace of mind to our users. Wedding insurance policies can cover more than supplier failure (which is bankruptcy or liquidation)
Register a deposit with weddingsonline
Supplier Failure – terms & conditions
FAILURE OF SUPPLIERS
What you are covered for:
Following the bankruptcy or liquidation of any prebooked featured wedding service supplier. We will pay up to the amount detailed in the summary for the following:
1. Irrecoverable deposits due to bankruptcy or liquidation of supplier.
What you are not covered for:
1. Any sums recoverable from any other source
2. Any costs which would have been incurred had the original supplier not ceased trading.
3. Any cancellation on the part of the supplier or venue not related to bankruptcy and liquidation
4. Any dispute between you and the supplier:
- We will cover deposits paid to weddingsonline featured suppliers – they must be featured suppliers at time of booking
- This is just to cover supplier failure (i.e. bankruptcy or liquidation)
- This is not wedding insurance and does not replace wedding insurance
- Users must register the transaction with weddingsonline immediately (within a week)
- Please email email@example.com for a claim form
Payment (in the event of a claim)
Payment would only be made to couples after a 6 month cooling period and when the following info has been given:
- Proof of wedding – marriage certificate
- Bride & Groom Contact Details
- Proof of deposit payment
- Proof from other wedding supplier about the date of wedding (other than the one in question)
- Evidence of bankruptcy / liquidation