Menu

Am I the biggest b.i.t.c.h ever?????

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

25/07/09 Posts: 472
xx
goldie. Posts: 1233
First off this is a completely natural stage for a child to go through. They all go through a lying stage, so don't worry about that. Your reaction to him acting like this is natural too. It must be bloody difficult dealing with this 3 or 4 nights a week. Especially as you have done so much for him down throughout the years. Just try to hide your feelings from the child. You love him deep down I know- he is just pushing your buttons to drive you up the walls.
Thanks goldie, it really means something to hear that!! Sometimes I really think I am turning into the wicked stepmother!!!
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
Why are you pitting your wits against a three year old? Is it really your place to discipline him anyway? How did he come to be single and ready to start a new relationship five months after the birth of his youngest child?
lgfak In an answer to your first question I really don't know, Your second.. we share discipline of all our children together, they are been brought up as both of our children and I would not even call it discipline...just the way we operate to keep a house with four children sane they do live here for most of the week.... And how come he was ready to start a relationship with me when his son was five months old?? I don't feel like I need to explain my relationship only that we are very much in love and have a great relationship.. I feel utterly ridiculus coming to blows with a three year old and would never admit it in "real life" and just felt the need to get it off my chest and here seemed to be a good place to do it.
OAT Posts: 2207
Well your lucky its not one of the older children as they can really hold grudges. The 3 yr old will come round eventually. Why don't you sit down with H2B and explain EVERYTHING that way the 3yr old will see you's as a united front and give up eventually. Best of luck
Thanks oat, I think he sees us as a united front allready, and I know he will come round, Just soul destroying at the moment.
milis Posts: 7998
EOK, they all go through funny phases. My friends child went through a phase of saying my h2b hit her, we all just laughed it off, and she forgot about it quick enough. Don't let him see that he's getting to you, just continue on as normal, and he'll come round!
mad woman Posts: 22106
Although I would tend to agree with the 2nd part. He is after just a three year old little boy who lives in two homes and with (assuming) two "mammies" and two "daddies" with two completely different sets of rules and he's probably getting a bit confused by it all. Also the fact that he is three, so he's not a baby and not quite a "big boy" yet either.
happy bride 08 Posts: 169
I'll be killed for saying this, but it's not "normal" for a securely attached child to act like this, and it shouldn't be passed off as that either. Children are a product of their family environment, and this is the issue that should be looked at. The child is innocent in this - he is not to blame. I am sure you all feel that you are doing your best, but I would look into this further and find out what is going on in the poor child's mind that makes him have these feelings. Good luck, and try and remember that the child is only learning his behaviour from his surroundings.