Menu

Do you think people are getting more brazen about 2 timing?

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Delish Posts: 4176
Was chatting with my brother tonight, he thinks the days of people staying committed and faithful in a relationship are over, and he thinks the vast majority of people both men and women do the dirt, and don't really care if people know about it. He was able to list off a number of examples of his friends that are serial dirt doers, even examples of guys doing the dirt a few days after getting engaged. Out of my circle of friends there are definitely some guys that do the dirt, but they try to hide it and I think it's something that they are growing out of as they get older. I don't know of any girls that consistently two time. Just wondering does anyone else think people are more accepting of infidelity these days?
Milly83 Posts: 3620
Possibly but I know that I am not. And I definately know that all of my friends don't accept it. Maybe it's the younger generation that are accepting it? Although, I don't know what the younger generation is. I am 24 and all my friends are the same age. They would definately see it as being wrong. My H2B is 30 and so are his friends. I know that one of his friends cheated on his girlfriend a number of times at the start but stopped since. He didn't see anything wrong with it. My H2B did, thankfully! I think that it's wrong full stop but the world is so different now and younger people are more grown up and more in tune to the world "sexually" as well. It's scary. They are outgrowing us.
gerbil Posts: 3528
ach i'm in my late thirties and I have a lot of male friends who are serial cheaters. I don't think human nature changes from one generation to the next - there are always those who will, won't and maybe :o0 I have male friends who will cheat on their girlfriends and they will say that if a girl goes with them knowing they have a partner it's her lookout; and that they "love" their girlfriend but if she must realise that they playaway and if she is happy to turn a blind eye... also i know plenty of girls who - even knowing they are complete rats - think when the guy is flirting with [i:7vkaogh2]them [/i:7vkaogh2]it's different. They know they have partners, know they cheat, but somehow their ego tells them, this guy really likes them...mad. equally I know lots of people who cheated on past girlfriends but are much mor serious about their current partners and don't cheat. I know people who have never cheated. I reckon its just the same for people in their teens and twenties.
Ca cest moi Posts: 7855
[quote="Delish":3c2b387c]Just wondering does anyone else think people are more accepting of infidelity these days?[/quote:3c2b387c] I definitely am not but to be honest even though I don't think everyone is a lot more people probably are more accepting of infidelity these days. I do here of it a lot more than I did a couple of years ago but I don't think that it is really really common to be honest or maybe I am just a bit naive. Personally it is one thing that I really can not stand and think that there is no excuse for it. Actually it makes my blood boil when I think of people cheating on their partners as in my opinion it shows a total lack of respect. If you don't want to be with someone break up with them but don't be an ass and cheat on them.
MrsJayKay Posts: 3025
I don't know Delish I think it goes on the type of person. There are some of DH's friends (one in particular who springs to mind) who I know have cheated but then the majority don't. None of my friends do. But then again they may not tell me if they do cos I really don't like that kind of thing. The "friend" of DH that I mentioned is just disgusting and takes no care of himself or his girlfriend at the time. Sure he could be passing anything around.
islandfun Posts: 3054
Look at Ashley and Cheryl? Little girls everywhere who love Girls Aloudnow think it's ok to take a cheater back. Plus, you get to lose a stone in what's now known as the angst ridden diet -everyone's a winner.
Milly83 Posts: 3620
I think it depends on the people and their relationship. Some people do it all the time and they wouldn't think anything of it. And there are some people that are just too forgiving and want to stand by their partner no matter what.
scotswedding Posts: 2829
I don't think they're any more brazen about it than ever before. I worked in a pub years back where I'd see people being blatant about cheating...it's amazing what (I can only assume) people think is subtle when they're hammered drunk. I worked in an office with a guy who had no issue coming in and telling us of his escapades irrelevant of the fact we all knew his girlfriend. And I have friends who have cheated or been cheated on. Some one offs, some serially. There are some people who I can never imagine being monogamous. I don't think age or the time we're in has anything to do with it.
NemoFish Posts: 2501
I am 21 and this kinda behavior appalls me. I don't think its a generational thing. I think its more that people have simply become more open about sex in general.
x_x Posts: 1823
I was friends with a girl for years who was a serial cheater, has never stayed faithful to anyone in her life. She was the most selfish person I have ever met. She was openly amazed that I was happy with one person. Yet, she can't wait to meet "the one" and get married. The mind boggles.