Menu

girlies how did you meet your OH? - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

lolabelle Posts: 3311
[quote="wannabfp":ni1ljdn8]My husband was my best friends older borther.... who had a car :o0 :o0 . I was 15 , he was 19. I faniced his best friend and over a period of a few months i kissed a few of dh's friends. DH was too shy to ask me out. eventually 11 years ago he asked me for a shift :o0 :o0 we have never looked back, never broke up and have never spent longer than 6 days apart. (god thats scary)[/quote:ni1ljdn8] Oooo that's so cute!! :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs :lvs I met my DH when he came to Ireland to work on a project I was working on. He was with a group of consultants and as Project Manager I was asked to entertain the consultants after hours .... and entertain him I did :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0 :o0
macker2b Posts: 720
I've known H2B around 25yrs+.(bestfriends cousin). To cut a very very long story short he helped me out of my bridesmaids dress and 6months later asked me out.
jess_gal2009 Posts: 1061
in a pub! (How original :-8 ) randomly talked to him. think i asked him for a light, but to this day, can't really remember!! :hic we talked ALL night, and we only kissed after he walked me to a taxi. :lvs
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
I met mine in a nightclub, mind you I was pie eyed! :hic :hic :hic I remember one of my friends chatting to this bloke and my hubby was kinda being a third wheel as was I. So we got chatting, christ only knows what I was saying to him. I remembered he told me he was in the army so that kinda sealed the deal for me haha. Oh and I actually gave him my right phone number and I'm glad I did. We went out on a date a couple of nights later never laughed so much in all my life and we just fell for each other completely....awww me feeling the love...gonna ring him now and ask him what is he wearing haha
ohsotired Posts: 7071
We met in college at a faculty ball. I was hammered at the time and couldn't remember his name the next morning. He knew who I was before the ball through mutual friends! 10 years later we're married!! :lvs
wifey4lifey Posts: 306
Met at the matchmaking festival, saw him at the bar and thought oh my god what a fine thing!!! sure enough we met in the nightclub that night and the rest is history, we are both 2 hrs apart but i moved to him a couple of months later couldnt be without him, so one dd and a baby on the way, house built, and getting married in 2012, couldnt be happier and i still love to think back to the first night i met him, still cant believe i have such a hunk of a fiance :xox :lvs :lvs :lvs :heartbeat: :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
Sodapop Posts: 3220
Met OH at a local pub on new years eve - I had just moved here 3 months earlier and was living with my sister and she didn't want to even celebrate New Years eve (wanted to stay in) so I dragged her out and we got there so early and was thinking it was a mistake. Then my OH arrives with his friends and I caught his eye but never thought anything of it - my sister says "that is a lovely guy for you" and she calls him over to take a photo of us - well the rest is history :) I gave him my right number thinking I would never hear from him again but low and behold the very next night he is asking me to go out with him and I had to convince my sister to come along again. Now its 8 years later and we are married and very happy :lvs my mother still has that photo he took of me and my sister up on the mantle piece *)
Skittlespink Posts: 406
We met when he started working where I was. I was meant to be meeting another guy for a date one evening and he cancelled at the last minute. I was disappointed and H2B said he would take me instead....and the rest as they say is history!
sawyer Posts: 355
I was his dads boss and his dad asked me about getting his son some work part time as his current job was gone on a 3 day wk. So I set up an interview with him and when he came in to see me, it turned out that he was good mates with the guy i was seeing at the time. So to cut a long story short i hired him and a couple of weeks later broke up with the guy and a couple of months later we started seeing each other. Found out later that he had apparently had a thing for me for ages ,and I him (from meeting through my ex) :lvs :lvs :lvs 9 years later we have kids, a mortgage and are planning our wedding :lvs :lvs :lvs Oh and FFIL still slags me about being a b[i:inzqos8v]i[/i:inzqos8v]tch of a boss back then, till I started seeing his son :-8 Oops :o0
Kittyboo Posts: 1591
I was "studying" for my leaving cert and he was in college and we became friends throu my best friend. We were nearly with each the Nov when I finished school but both of us bottled it at last min :duh: So that new years eve we finally got it on :innocent: Ten years later we're newly married (4 months), have our house full of animals! The gas thing is my DH best female mate ended up marrying my best mate....and people thought that myself and my best mate were going out and DH and his friend were going out.