Menu

girlies how did you meet your OH? - Page 4

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

hadtoleave Posts: 2522
gottabfp Posts: 5641
[quote="carrickb2b2012":3hpump60]:o0 :o0 my dad was going out with his sister!! first met when I was 14 and he was 19, started going out when I was 18 (well maybe a little bit 17 but shhh that is a secret!)[/quote:3hpump60] Is your dad still with his sister?
Whoohoo2013 Posts: 1
We met in a restaurant..he was the waitor and totally embarassed me all through my dinner (not that I could eat :-8 ) making jokes and flirting with me..he had everyone in the restaurant in hysterics :xox
hadtoleave Posts: 2522
luckyladee Posts: 2550
We met at work - but neither of us work for that company anymore. It was lovely at the start of our relationship as our work meant travelling together a lot so we got to spend lots of time (and overnights) together, away from our other colleagues!! Too cute!
Sprocket Posts: 1671
[quote="NittyGritty":2op6ot8x]I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I met..... ;o) [/quote:2op6ot8x] :o0 :o0 :o0 Did you pick him up, shake him out and turn him around? :yelrotflmaosmilie: I love the stories on this thread. :lvs :lvs I met my H2B at a wedding. My cousin (bride) was marrying his friend (groom) and my cousin put us sitting together as she thought we'd hit it off. Neither of us knew that she was doing it thank goodness, so there was no awkward moments. His friend (the groom) who I had only met once, said that he didn't think we would work together as I was too high maintenance for him. This was based on the assumption that because I worked in a media environment at the time I was a jumped up brat. Nice eh! Anyway, 4 and a half years later and we're getting married in 11 days...in the same venue that we met :xox
gottabfp Posts: 5641
[quote="Future Mrs P":2fjjndpk][quote="NittyGritty":2fjjndpk]I was working as a waitress in a cocktail bar when I met..... ;o) [/quote:2fjjndpk] :o0 :o0 :o0 Did you pick him up, shake him out and turn him around? :yelrotflmaosmilie: I love the stories on this thread. :lvs :lvs I met my H2B at a wedding. My cousin (bride) was marrying his friend (groom) and my cousin put us sitting together as she thought we'd hit it off. Neither of us knew that she was doing it thank goodness, so there was no awkward moments. His friend (the groom) who I had only met once, said that he didn't think we would work together as I was too high maintenance for him. This was based on the assumption that because I worked in a media environment at the time I was a jumped up brat. Nice eh! Anyway, 4 and a half years later and we're getting married in 11 days...in the same venue that we met :xox[/quote:2fjjndpk] ahh that is sooooo cute!
teatimebride Posts: 754
No quite sure where we first met, we grew up about a half mile from eachother, which is nothing in the countryside, so have known him since we were about 9 I reckon! Amazingly, we were never together during our hormonal teenage years, in fact it didn't happen til he was 22, me 23, on a night out away from home, I was living there at the time, his cousin/best friend lived there too and he was visiting. We were in a nightclub, me with my best friend and him with his, as we're all from the one place, we all know eachother! So we were all chatting to eachother in the smoking room. Then, H2B was kind of lingering, and lingering, and I got a sense that he fancied me and then I had a look at him and said to myself, actually he's not bad, not bad at all, how come I haven't realised this before!!!!! So me and my friend and a few others that were there went out dancing to some song (no idea what it was!) and I asked him if he was coming with us, he followed us, I reached my hand back to him on the way to the dancefloor and he grabbed it, and we kissed on the dancefloor instead of dancing!!!! >:o) I lived 2 mins away from where we were out and later on he couldn't decide whether he wanted to come home with me or not as we knew eachother and didn't want things to be wierd!!! But he did........ Good decision! We didn't see eachother again for a few months when we were out at home and I decided to go up and say hello to make sure things don't get wierd between us, I spilled the 7 millilitres of his pint that was left so bought him another one, great excuse to stay chatting!! We chatted and chatted and chatted, next thing his hand was on my knee, (he later told me he thought he would get a box for that!!) he walked me home at about 4am and eventually asked for my number! We met up the following weekend again and officially started going out then!! 3 days shy of 7 years later, we will be married!! Can't wait!!!!! :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll
abbyful Posts: 41
We met in college too. Actually a load of couples sprung up from our class who eventually got engaged/married. Must have been something in the air!!
jasmine29 Posts: 116
We met through work... I was always the single girl amongst my friends.... had no luck in love whatsoever... but moved to a new job almost 4 years ago... and h2b had only just moved to the same company around the same time... both of us from different counties.... we clicked from the start... then one evening, we happened to walk out of work together ( we worked in a company with about 700 people & he was based at one end of the building & I was in the other end ) and we got chatting.. he asked me out the next day...We are going out just over 3 years & we are getting married in about 14 days time..... :o)ll :o)ll :o)ll