Menu

He keeps spending savings for wedding!!! - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

arib Posts: 499
[quote="Schmetterling":1lfv7rhq] Next thing I get a text from him saying that he didn't know how to phrase his reply as he was afraid it'd end up finishing us for good as he doesn't know why I am going on about it again today as he promised last night he'd save and he's really insulted I'm bringing it up again!!! What the f?!! The way I feel at the moment I couldn't actually care if we did finish up. I'm so annoyed and sick of feeling like I'm going out with a child. [/quote:1lfv7rhq] He needs to understand that his promises are useless at the moment because you don't trust him anymore. Sounds to me like he is having a go at you to avoid telling you what he spent the money on. In the meantime - you need to transfer that money to somewhere you only have access to or else he might spend it all.
lovindis Posts: 642
[quote="arib":3ungrn0g][quote="Schmetterling":3ungrn0g] Next thing I get a text from him saying that he didn't know how to phrase his reply as he was afraid it'd end up finishing us for good as he doesn't know why I am going on about it again today as he promised last night he'd save and he's really insulted I'm bringing it up again!!! What the f?!! The way I feel at the moment I couldn't actually care if we did finish up. I'm so annoyed and sick of feeling like I'm going out with a child. [/quote:3ungrn0g] He needs to understand that his promises are useless at the moment because you don't trust him anymore. Sounds to me like he is having a go at you to avoid telling you what he spent the money on. In the meantime - you need to transfer that money to somewhere you only have access to or else he might spend it all.[/quote:3ungrn0g] Is that a good idea though arib- if she transfers the money then he will never learn, as she said herself its like dealing with a child-hide the toys you cant play with them, find them then you can. I think she needs to get him to get himself some help dealing with finances and not kind of hide the problem IYKWIM
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
He probably does want to marry you but doesn't want to scrimp to pay for a circus.
FoxyLockz Posts: 2448
[quote="lets go fly a kite":klnl8amm]He probably does want to marry you but doesn't want to scrimp [b:klnl8amm]to pay for a circus[/b:klnl8amm].[/quote:klnl8amm] Why would you call someones wedding day a circus?
lets go fly a kite Posts: 2388
Because some of them are. Obviously.
prunella09 Posts: 395
Schmetterling How did you get on? I hope verything worked out for you!! Pru
Schmetterling Posts: 8
Hiya, yeah we had a big chat about it and I've taken complete control of the savings. He's actually been really good and has been giving me a bit of extra money. It's such a relief now to be honest. Am able to look forward to the wedding properly now! :o)ll Thanks girls for all your advice... :thnk
Helenl123 Posts: 1457
[quote="lets go fly a kite":28fnz0pe]Because some of them are. Obviously.[/quote:28fnz0pe] Just egnore the above (he/she) does this all the time,look back over the other posts sent by them. Ps. Lets go fly a kite, no point in replying to my comment, i wont bother answering your pethy pathetic replies.
Helenl123 Posts: 1457
[quote="Schmetterling":94dcb75o]Hiya, yeah we had a big chat about it and I've taken complete control of the savings. He's actually been really good and has been giving me a bit of extra money. It's such a relief now to be honest. Am able to look forward to the wedding properly now! :o)ll Thanks girls for all your advice... :thnk[/quote:94dcb75o] well done its best to sort these things out in the end. I'm very happy you both worked on this as mature and fairly as you did. Path on the back for you.
TTCJAN09 Posts: 595
thats a bit rude! not very sympathetic!