Menu

Is he the one??

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

newstart09 Posts: 20
Please help I'm in a bit of dilema.. I split up with my BF (going out 1yr) as I felt like something was missing..what I don't know but I just kept getting this feeling that I couldn't shake that something wasn't right. So I ended it 3 months ago..since then he has been bombarding me with texts, calls, we never fell out so most of these were just friendly with the occasional one telling me I was making a mistake, he loves me and that he'd always be there for me. For the first few weeks I felt like I had 100% made the right decision but now doubts have crept in. I know he would be totally comitted to me and be very good to me and we both want the same things from life, think the same, same morals etc..he's an absolute gem, probably too good! O:o) So I don't want to tell him I think I may have made a mistake and start again incase these doubts come back as I hurt him so much this time I really couldn't put us through this again..how do you know when it is right.. I have been there before with the butterflies and the rose coloured glasses and ended up with my heart broke..bigtime! I'm soooo confused!! :o(
pickens Posts: 205
what did you feel wasn't right pet?
I suppose it was the physical side of things, I love being with him, could spend 24/7 and get on like a house on fire but I wasn't sure if he lit my fire if you know what I mean..it was good when it happened but I didn't always want it to happen, I would put it off, make excuses etc and the more I put it off the more he wanted it so the more pressured I felt.. O:| The reason I am doubting that I made a mistake was on Fri I had a hospital ap, he was the only person who remembered, not even my mum! I text him back and said how did you remember..he said you mean that much to me how could I not remember.. :lvs
pickens Posts: 205
I wish I could give you some advice that would help you solve everything and work out what you should do... but this is something you need to think long and hard about ... like you said you don't want to hurt him again... plus if the physical side of things wasn't there for you first time around will that have changed? I hope I don't sound flip as that isn't my intention... it's a difficult predicament that you are in.
Paddy Whack Posts: 1399
Sounds like you should just be best friends to me.
Thanks Pickens...I really dont know what to do...I may leave it another few weeks and see what happens...if he gets snapped up by someone else I'll know all about it!! But if he does then it wasn't meant to be.. :-8
The best friends thing would only work if thats what he wanted too but it's not, it just confuses things..
doesmybumlookbiginthis? Posts: 480
maybe the sex side of things would be the same no matter who you were with and maybe he is the one after all? have you been with anyone since him to compare/contrast?(sorry i know thats personal and sounds blunt but it may help you decide!)
I haven't been with anyone since :-8 Maybe thats what I need to do :o0
doesmybumlookbiginthis? Posts: 480
:o0 O-O