Menu

MIL - Page 2

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

Welsh goddess Posts: 370
Designerwine I am so nasty like that everyday when it comes to my FMIL. It is so a Mother/Son thing but she would want to get the message fairly quickly that he lives with me now and has his own life and family to support never mind her cos I will end up saying something really bad to her >:o( Her tv broke and instead of buying a new one she expected us to buy one O:|
LadyMary Posts: 1050
Its not a cultural thing, personally i think his mother needs to give you space. For god sakes she cant expect you to be calling every day, calling into her and you welcoming her with open arms every seconds she wants to call round. Your a family too now and she needs to push over. My MIL is hard work, well was before the wedding. Like yours she said some hurtful things and she has actually turned me into person who has little time for her now as i cant forget how i felt back then and the tiffs she caused in my home with my hubby in the final weeks before our wedding. I speak to her as she is my MIL but i dont call up on my own, ring her and only drop in as hubby wants me too on a sunday or something. We were going to cut our lawn last night, clean around the house been a nice evening and she called saying she had dinner. So hubby said we'd call up get it out of the way and then have no dinner to worry about. So as he clearly wanted to as his brother was home with wife, i said ok. She knew it was a flying visit, eat and out with all the plans we had and when we ate, we were chatting and she said oh LadyMary dont let me keep you from your housework :eek I was like hello, hubby is coming too smartar%e. Those little comments drive me nuts, whereas hubby thinks i over react. Needless to say we were gone in 30seconds flat. :o0
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
[quote="Welsh goddess":1owrrgg5] Her tv broke and instead of buying a new one she expected us to buy one O:|[/quote:1owrrgg5] ......
LadyMary I sympatise. Mine has made little comments like that too or pulled the dinner stunt as well when she knew we had other plans. I wouldn't mind but my parents only live around the corner from us and we could go from one end of the week to the other without seeing them. FMIL wanted to mind my kids during the school holidays but it would have meant getting my kids up at 6.15am every morning and ready to leave for 6.45am so that my H2B could drop them off before going to work because she wasnt willing to travel 15mins (as there is no traffic coming up to my house it is all heading from my house towards hers O:| ) up to my house to mind them. There was a wknd last yr where it was lovely so we made plans to bring the kiddies out to Bray & treat them to dinner out. She knew these were our plans so we had only left our house ten mins when she rang "to find out what we were doing for the day". She had torn the ligaments in her leg but you would swear she had broken both of them because when H2B said we were going out with the kids and having our dinner out she tried to make him feel sorry for her by saying "I dont know what ill do for dinner cos I cant get up to make my own and your brother & sister are gone out". I was delighted when H2B told her "Phone for a takeaway" :o0
[quote="designerwine":m8rvdnrr][quote="Welsh goddess":m8rvdnrr] Her tv broke and instead of buying a new one she expected us to buy one O:|[/quote:m8rvdnrr] Ok heres mine. FMIL offered us her house (old house btw) if we built her a brand spankin new one. And this is AFTER she told me she wouldn't be leaving the land to h2b in case we split up and "put them on the road" (them being her and my h2b). Some day I will explode into her face and tell her there is no "them" anymore it is "us". Oh yeah she also told my mother she bought h2b socks and boxer shorts for his honeymoon and "that'll be the last now cos he won't be mine anymore". Eh we are living together for the last five years and he is 38 years old and as long as I have never seen him without socks or jocks yet. I am very bitter as you can see :-8 HES MINE NOW MWAHAHAHAHA (Evil Dracula laugh)[/quote:m8rvdnrr] If we got them all together, i bet they'll kill eachother.
[quote="LadyMary":qst7wei4] If we got them all together, i bet they'll kill eachother.[/quote:qst7wei4]
Great idea LadyMary I think we should organise a FMIL / MIL meet up and let them kill each other saves us doing it!! :o0 DesignerWine my FMIL is exactly the same when it comes to H2B and his socks and boxers. I wouldnt mind but I am forever buying underwear for us all (I am a bit obsessed with buying undies!!) and all our drawers of socks and underwear are spilling out onto the floor even my one year olds :o0 I wouldn't mind but its not as if she is on her own now or he is her only child -- she has her other son and daughter living with her
OMG what is it with underwear, thats all she buys him too :o0 Ok they can all come to my house as i wont miss this for the world :o0 Definitely save us doing it.
Girls they can all come to mine I only have a two bed house and a small kitchen (I think she thinks this proves something about my cooking skills and how capable I am of looking after her precious son!!) I think it would be better to see them all cramped in that way the fight will start quicker :o0 I get little remarks made like "he never ate spag bol for me so how come he eats it for you!!" or "I made D's favourite today pity he wasnt here to have it or that you wont make it for him O:| "
[quote="Welsh goddess"] .......