Menu

MIL - Page 4

We've Moved!

Our wonderful discussion forums have now moved to Facebook...

Click to join us in our HIGM ("Help I'm Getting Married") group!

LadyMary Posts: 1050
If were blessed with children and my mil starts telling me what to do, i'll simply tell her that the last time i checked I was the babies mother. So move over dragen queen, you had your children. God i probably wont even want her holding them :o0
Welsh goddess Posts: 370
LadyMary I was so protective over my little fella and I didnt even want her holding him because she really hadnt a clue. no metter what I said to do she would do the opposite and that bugged the S**t out of me. She was constantly going on about minding him but when you become a mother you will understand the feeling of not being ready to leave them overnight yet so to shut her up we were going shopping and H2B said we would leave the kids (I have a 6yr old daughter) in his mams so we could take our time and get some dinner in peace. We told her that at around 6pm baby would become restless and to put him in his seat and rock him - "dont pick him up cos he will just keep screaming! - luckily we came back early (just after 6pm) and she was frantically rocking him in her arms in the sitting room window. She practically threw him at me and said "I dont know what to do he wont stop crying" O:| O:| She then said she wouldnt be able to handle minding both of them overnight and all I could think was "there not animals I have"
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
DesignerWine I went completely mad at my H2B and FMIL in the hospital because I also have a 6yr old from a previous relationship and so I told when H2B said he was bringing her and his mother and granny in to see me together I told him to make sure they stayed downstairs while he came up with my daughter so that she could have some time with her new baby brother and us on her own because as you can imagine it is a big change and shock for her to be sharing her mammy but instead FMIL ran up the stairs and burst through the door (before my daughter) and started trying to hog baby and that p****d me off something terrible O:| Luckily I had my son at 9.37am on the Saturday morning and I was home by 1pm on Sunday however I had an incident when my son was 5 wks old and admitted to Tallaght hospital. Ill tell you that story in about half hour im just leaving work now and heading home so when im home ill fill you in!!
hagfromhell Posts: 2146
Sposaitaliana I am sorry that we took over this post on you x
Yeah sorry we hijacked this thread on you xx Ok heres what happened -- at 5 wks old my son got gastroentritis and was very sick. He couldnt hold any bottles down and because of being so young you cant starve them like you would yourself or an older child so he was admitted to hospital. He was brought in friday but FMIL was on holidays so I warned H2B not to tell her cos she is the type that would fly home. Anyway they told her so she kept bloody ringing my phone so I told them all it was dead and switched it off. It was a very traumatising time for both me & baby because they had drips everywhere on him and every hour they had to wake him up to check blood sugar levels and hydration etc. I would only get him settled back down & they would be in to wake him back up. At the time myself and H2B were going thru a bad time so I didnt really have the support I needed from him and was very emotional. FMIL flwe home on Sunday morning and baby was let out on Sunday afternoon. She had the bloody cheak to say that we had to drop in on our way home from hospital cos she hadnt seen her grandson in a wk (no consideration for the fact that the child was still vomiting and had the runs and I hadnt slept for 3 days so basically I told H2B to tell her to F*** off. Then on the Monday she kept ringing me telling me to come down to visit her but I refused. The on Tuesday H2B wa going out after work however baby got really sick again and when I rang hospital they said to bring him straight back in so H2B had to come home. FMIL kept ringing H2B to say she should come with us but H2B told her that we were his parents and we could manage fine with the 2 of us in A&E with him what did she think she could do by being there as well. So for the 4 hours we were in A&E she continued to ring & txt to find out what was happening and because we couldnt have our phones on she went mad when we got in touch after baby was admitted again saying "You wouldnt even txt or ring me to let me know what was happening with my grandson and you wouldnt even answer my calls". Late that evening H2B went home to my daughter but just after he left I got a msg saying "My mam is off work tomorrow so she said she will come up to you at 9am to give you a break". I knew well she wasnt off work that she had rang and taken the day off because her grandson was in hospital and I told H2B to tell her not to bother I was doing fine on my own but low and behold at 9.30am she arrived at the hospital. She annoyed me so much that for the first time since baby had been admitted on the Friday I left the room and went down to the coffee shop and sat there for 2hrs cos I thought if I go back up ill kill her. Anyway when I went back up she had baby on her lap and told me very hastily that "You better take him cos he just wont settle for me. He doenst like me". I mean WTF a grown woman saying a 5 wk old baby doesnt like her all because he has been poked and prodded by everyone and the only person he wants is his mammy. O:| I txt H2B and told him to get to the hospital and collect his mam asap or I would get rid of her myself and really he didnt want that :eek I never said anything to H2B until a good few months later and I laid it on the line to him about his mothers behaviour because a few weeks after baby was released H2B went on a wknd bender without telling me where he was or anything and she kept ringing asking had I seen or heard from him and as soon as I did I was to tell her. So then when H2B did arrive back and we tried to sort things out I rang her and told her that he was back and we were heading off for the day to try sort things out etc and she told me Ï dont care what goes on between you to, you only ever ring me when there is an argument and he didnt even have the decency to come here first and apologies to me for making me worry (no consideration for the fact that I was at home for 3 days with 2 kids not knowing where he was either or whether this was the end of our relationship) and that in future she didnt want to know." However after that if H2B rang her and said we had an argument and he was coming down she would welcome him with open arms make his dinner etc and let him head off out on the beer for the night etc
[quote="Welsh goddess":zp4anevq]Yeah sorry we hijacked this thread on you xx Ok heres what happened -- at 5 wks old my son got gastroentritis and was very sick. He couldnt hold any bottles down and because of being so young you cant starve them like you would yourself or an older child so he was admitted to hospital. He was brought in friday but FMIL was on holidays so I warned H2B not to tell her cos she is the type that would fly home. Anyway they told her so she kept bloody ringing my phone so I told them all it was dead and switched it off. It was a very traumatising time for both me & baby because they had drips everywhere on him and every hour they had to wake him up to check blood sugar levels and hydration etc. I would only get him settled back down & they would be in to wake him back up. At the time myself and H2B were going thru a bad time so I didnt really have the support I needed from him and was very emotional. FMIL flwe home on Sunday morning and baby was let out on Sunday afternoon. She had the bloody cheak to say that we had to drop in on our way home from hospital cos she hadnt seen her grandson in a wk (no consideration for the fact that the child was still vomiting and had the runs and I hadnt slept for 3 days so basically I told H2B to tell her to F*** off. Then on the Monday she kept ringing me telling me to come down to visit her but I refused. The on Tuesday H2B wa going out after work however baby got really sick again and when I rang hospital they said to bring him straight back in so H2B had to come home. FMIL kept ringing H2B to say she should come with us but H2B told her that we were his parents and we could manage fine with the 2 of us in A&E with him what did she think she could do by being there as well. So for the 4 hours we were in A&E she continued to ring & txt to find out what was happening and because we couldnt have our phones on she went mad when we got in touch after baby was admitted again saying "You wouldnt even txt or ring me to let me know what was happening with my grandson and you wouldnt even answer my calls". Late that evening H2B went home to my daughter but just after he left I got a msg saying "My mam is off work tomorrow so she said she will come up to you at 9am to give you a break". I knew well she wasnt off work that she had rang and taken the day off because her grandson was in hospital and I told H2B to tell her not to bother I was doing fine on my own but low and behold at 9.30am she arrived at the hospital. She annoyed me so much that for the first time since baby had been admitted on the Friday I left the room and went down to the coffee shop and sat there for 2hrs cos I thought if I go back up ill kill her. Anyway when I went back up she had baby on her lap and told me very hastily that "You better take him cos he just wont settle for me. He doenst like me". I mean WTF a grown woman saying a 5 wk old baby doesnt like her all because he has been poked and prodded by everyone and the only person he wants is his mammy. O:| I txt H2B and told him to get to the hospital and collect his mam asap or I would get rid of her myself and really he didnt want that :eek I never said anything to H2B until a good few months later and I laid it on the line to him about his mothers behaviour because a few weeks after baby was released H2B went on a wknd bender without telling me where he was or anything and she kept ringing asking had I seen or heard from him and as soon as I did I was to tell her. So then when H2B did arrive back and we tried to sort things out I rang her and told her that he was back and we were heading off for the day to try sort things out etc and she told me Ï dont care what goes on between you to, you only ever ring me when there is an argument and he didnt even have the decency to come here first and apologies to me for making me worry (no consideration for the fact that I was at home for 3 days with 2 kids not knowing where he was either or whether this was the end of our relationship) and that in future she didnt want to know." However after that if H2B rang her and said we had an argument and he was coming down she would welcome him with open arms make his dinner etc and let him head off out on the beer for the night etc[/quote:zp4anevq] Oh holy god, if you need a hand in killing her i'll definitely help you out. Tell me where and when and i'll be there! My Mil is a saint at that rate :o0
Ill just give you all her address that way you can go down at intervals and have a go. just make sure you wear a hidden camera so i can see and hear everything :o0
reading back over your post, i hope things are ok with you and your h2b now after the disappearing incident? My hubby has once or twice done the "go out for a few come home next morn" act. Its just so mean but i always knew he was ok and just drank too much and he had crashed out. He is a useless drunk, falls asleep standing up. I hope you killed your h2b, as if we only had a baby and he did that for a night let alone a weekend, i would be livid. But i'm sure he has learned from his mistakes. Tell all do eventually
Mrs Beasley Posts: 589
WG, having read your subsequent posts I now take it back about feeling sorry for your MIL under any circumstances :o0 (BTW dont worry about our earlier miscommunication, just picked you up totally wrong and nothing more than that - my fault). Holy moly, these MIL's, seems like they go out of their way to drive us insane....